cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make chase freedom grow/ How will this affect my AAoA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to make chase freedom grow/ How will this affect my AAoA?

My limit is 2k, got it last year.. I asked for an increase 6 months after opening it, denied. I have read around here that theres a better chance of getting approved for a new card than an increase. So then I tried the amazon visa, approved $700. Not really much. Went ahead and moved the entire 700 to freedom. I am now at 2700$. Closed out amazon. Now my question is, what else can I do to make my card grow? How can I get chase to give me an increase? Or are there other ways? TU 667 EX 676 EQ 653

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to make chase freedom grow?

Or can I apply for amazon again after closing it? Or try other chase cards? I am aware of the 5/24 rule so I know not to try their major cards
Message 2 of 25
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My limit is 2k, got it last year.. I asked for an increase 6 months after opening it, denied. I have read around here that theres a better chance of getting approved for a new card than an increase. So then I tried the amazon visa, approved $700. Not really much. Went ahead and moved the entire 700 to freedom. I am now at 2700$. Closed out amazon. Now my question is, what else can I do to make my card grow? How can I get chase to give me an increase? Or are there other ways? TU 667 EX 676 EQ 653

IMO, opening a new $700 Amazon just to move the limit and immediately close the card was a mistake. You just hit your AAOA and took a HP. You could have just asked for a HP CLI, and gotten a HP without a new account, but what's done is done. The Amazon is going to report even though you closed it. Doing this over and over provides no advantage over just asking for an increase especially when you're immediately closing the cards. Behavior like this could make Chase reconsider their generous "move limits" policy!

Anyway, your only other option besides what you've already done is to just call and ask for an increase. They will do a HP, but there's no magic bullet here. If you want an increase you need to ask.

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

What exactly are the reason(s) in your denial letter?

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly l, I wasnt expecting to only get 700 on Amazon that's why I decided to do it. Thank you though! That is good to know.. I guess I'm just gonna have to wait till they give me an auto luv.
Message 5 of 25
Pway
Valued Contributor

What is your current util?

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cant remember my denial reason for a credit increase anymore. My current utilization right now is 26% ( I know I know... Trying to lower it down some more) Can someone explain to me how this is going to affect my aaoa? Since I closed it before I even got a statement, would they even report it? Or how would they report it?
Message 7 of 25
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: How to make chase freedom grow/ How will this affect my AAoA?

It's still going to hit your credit as a brand new account.
Message 8 of 25
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: How to make chase freedom grow/ How will this affect my AAoA?

Don't keep opening and moving limits... I was approved for a 15k SW and a 6.5k Hyatt, I moved a lot of the Hyatt over to the SW and also got a 20k INK, I went through 2 AR's... Back to back.
Message 9 of 25
core
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I guess I'm just gonna have to wait till they give me an auto luv.

A Chase Freedom will grow just as well if you plant it in the ground and water it.

Years of having the card and they haven't given me anything at all, even though my credit profile has improved immensely.  It doesn't bother me though... any more than $1500 is adequate.  Because this isn't the card I'd carry a balance on, and Chase cards certainly aren't the ones to get for easy / no-penalty CLIs over time.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.