Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How will the anticipated Chase 5/24 change your app strategy

tag
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

Re: How will the anticipated Chase 5/24 change your app strategy

With Chase, it's prudent to wait 30 days between successful apps. I waited and got approved for both the Chase Hyatt and Southwest Premier VISA cards today. Back-to-back instant approvals.

I wanted to acquire those cards before April just in case the rumors are true about Chase implementing the 5/24 rule across the board...

Message 51 of 89
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

In lieu of this uncertainty, I went ahead and apped for Chase Hyatt and was approved for $5k.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 52 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OmarGB9 wrote:
In lieu of this uncertainty, I went ahead and apped for Chase Hyatt and was approved for $5k.

I did the same thing. It worked and I'm happy.  There's a couple more Chase cards I want but not for a couple years. Maybe Marriott next year. That woudl bring me to 3 free nights a year since I already have IHG and now Hyatt.  But realistically I am good for a while.

Message 53 of 89
Open123
Super Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Likewise, never got around to getting the Hyatt, but will do so now.  Then, will try again before April for another Marriott or UA bonus.

Message 54 of 89
noobody
Established Contributor

I got Hyatt too.

Anyone got the offer with $50 statement credit?
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 55 of 89
Open123
Super Contributor

@noobody wrote:
I got Hyatt too.

Anyone got the offer with $50 statement credit?

The $50 statement credit used to appear on my hyatt rewards site, but it no longer does.  Anyone know how to active or have a backdoor link to this?

Message 56 of 89
red259
Super Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Gratz. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 57 of 89
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

my strategy will now be pushed to June 2018, lol
Message 58 of 89
red259
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
my strategy will now be pushed to June 2018, lol

I'm thinking I may do one last round of personal apps this spring to get my citi bonuses again and pick up a discover card then I will switch to only business cards that don't report on my personal report for the next two years. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 59 of 89
driftless
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditguy wrote:
While Chase can certainly do as they wish, so can customers, and I predict they will give other banks their business and chase will regret implementation of 5/24 for all cards. There's being conservative and there's being ridiculous and 5/24 for all cards is fairly unrealistic and ridiculous.

creditguy, I totally understand your perspective as I also have applied for a number of CC accounts over the past year, but I think that we are often in an echo chamber on this forum wherein we believe that our activities and priorities match those of the broader market. The truth is that most consumers have a couple of credit cards at any one time (check the Gallup numbers on this). Five credit cards in total is outside the norm for most people, so 5 in 24 months would not be restrictive for the vast majority of CC customers. Let us also not forget that Chase has been doing this on their Bank cards and if it was hurting their profitability, it is unlikely that they would be extending the policy.

Yes, I think that the rebuilding process and then participating on this board does fuel the desire to collect cards. I have 3, mainly to maximize FICO scores, otherwise I think that two would be a nice number of cc's. I think that 5/24 is a perfectly reasonable business decision.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 60 of 89
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.