Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyatt points if account closed

tag
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Hyatt points if account closed

Just a question born of curiosity. If my Hyatt card is closed do the points remain in my Hyatt account or are they tied to the card. Again, simple curiosity lol. There are no issues nor do I expect there to be. Thank you guys
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Hyatt points if account closed

@Caught750 wrote:
Just a question born of curiosity. If my Hyatt card is closed do the points remain in my Hyatt account or are they tied to the card. Again, simple curiosity lol. There are no issues nor do I expect there to be. Thank you guys

Will I be required to have activity to keep my World of Hyatt account open?

If a Member’s account is inactive for twenty-four (24) consecutive months, all points in that member’s account will be forfeited at that time, but, subject to the program terms, the member’s account will remain open (with the ability to earn new points thereafter). (Prior to July 1, 2017, members whose accounts were inactive for twenty-four (24) consecutive months had their membership terminated and all points in and awards or benefits associated with that member’s account were forfeited upon termination.)

How can I keep my account active?

You can remain active in World of Hyatt in the following ways:

i. Receive points (earned on eligible stay/spend at a participating Hyatt or M life Rewards destination, etc.)
ii. Redeem points (free night stays, room upgrades, Oasis stay credits, Dining, Spa & More, Avis car rentals, etc.)
iii. Receive credit with a travel partner or M life Rewards Tier Credits for a stay at a Hyatt hotel or resort
iv. Gift eligible awards to another member (as permitted under the World of Hyatt terms)
v. Convert points into miles/credit with a travel partner
vi. Purchase points
vii. Combine points with another World of Hyatt member’s account
viii. Have an active Hyatt Credit Card associated with your World of Hyatt account

https://help.hyatt.com/en/faqs/world-of-hyatt/general-world-of-hyatt-program.html#/15

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 3
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Re: Hyatt points if account closed

Thank you! I appreciate the answer! The points remain for 2 years even if the card is no longer open.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.