Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am LOVING Cap One right now!!

tag
Grover627
New Contributor

I am LOVING Cap One right now!!

So first, to give you a bit of my history with Cap. One:

* In April, 2012, I discharged a CH.7 BK, and started my journey of rebuilding my credit.

* In June, 2012, Cap. One gave me an unsecured Classic Platinum card with a CL of $2000!

* In December, 2012, the credit steps program brought this card a CLI of $500, bringing my CL to $2500.

* In June, 2013, I contacted the EO of Cap. One, and they then gave me abother CLI, this time it was $1000, bringing my CL to $3500!

So then yesterday, I received a letter from Cap. One, telling me that I qualify to have my Classic Platinum card upgraded to the Venture One Rewards Card... so I called. The lady I spoke with told me over the phone that I also had the option to upgrade to the Quicksilver if I wanted, instead of the Venture One. She assured me that it was the no AF version, with the rewards being 1.5%... so being interested more in cash rewards than travel rewards, I chose the QS card! Wow!

To say that I was stunned is an understatement! Everything I have read states that this version of the QS is for people with excellent credit! My scores are rising quickly, but are still in the mid-600's range.

I am very grateful to Capital One for being the first bank to extend credit to me, and for still working with me as my journey to rebuild my credit continues.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Irisa
Senior Contributor

Re: I am LOVING Cap One right now!!

That's awesome. Congrats on the upgrade! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Your Capital One credit card is actually growing with you.
Message 3 of 11
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your Cap One success!  Diligence pays off!!

So far, I've resisted the temptation...of Cap One...that Quicksilver...must.resist...must.resist ! !Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 11
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

congrats! my turn next Smiley Happy

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 5 of 11
sueyang83
New Contributor

So jealous... I had my card for 2 years and I'm still stuck at $750..No lates, no over limits and it's usually 10% utilization...EO won't even budge.

After my mortgage, I'm going to try again and if they won't give me a CLI i'm going to cancel my Orchard card that was converted to cap1 since the limit is only $300 with a $29 AF.

EQ-628: TU-649; EX-650 (Lender pull as of 08/01/13
Goal-700
Message 6 of 11
SPreb
Regular Contributor

Congrats! Those are nice CLIs.

Starting Score: 620 Current Score: 709 Goal Score: 720
Gardening from 9/28/2013. Target: March 2014
Message 7 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

That's wonderful! Just a little over 1 yr out of BK and they upgraded you to a Venture One! Wow!

Edit: typo
Message 8 of 11
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

Congratz happy to hear they treat you good Smiley Happy

i guess for every jillion h8ers out there for cap one
there's someone who will get some love from cap one Smiley Very Happy

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 9 of 11
Eightiron
Contributor

It is great to hear you have had success with a CLI with Cap One, lately I have been hearing they have been very stingy.  This gives me hope for the future. Thanks!

Gardening now for that spring harvest Entered 9/4/13 leaving 4/14
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.