cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got approved! Will it affect my chances?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I got approved! Will it affect my chances?

Royal, are all of your installment loans closed or do you still have one open?  If they are all closed you could gain a quick and easy 30 points with the SSL technique. 

CGID, interesting info regarding FC accounts and delinquencies on them having more potency.  The 90 day late that I got through Wells Fargo was a FC account through a furniture store.  That late did some serious damage.  I finally got it removed from EQ 2 weeks ago, on TU it was backed down to a 60, and on EX it still remains.  I'm still in communication with WF as they agreed to remove it completely from all 3B, it's just seemingly taking a while but slow progress is better than none Smiley Wink

Message 21 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Royal, are all of your installment loans closed or do you still have one open?  If they are all closed you could gain a quick and easy 30 points with the SSL technique. 

CGID, interesting info regarding FC accounts and delinquencies on them having more potency.  The 90 day late that I got through Wells Fargo was a FC account through a furniture store.  That late did some serious damage.  I finally got it removed from EQ 2 weeks ago, on TU it was backed down to a 60, and on EX it still remains.  I'm still in communication with WF as they agreed to remove it completely from all 3B, it's just seemingly taking a while but slow progress is better than none Smiley Wink

Only one of them is open, it's that personal loan i was saying, the one for $1800. The rest are all closed. 

Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Understood.  You are all set with respect to installment loans then as far as "account mix" goes so no need to worry there.

Message 23 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi BBS.  Just for clarity I was not suggesting that the delinquency penalty on an FC account would be worse than the same delinquency on a non-FC account.  I was trying to make clear that while FICO would consider a closed but well managed FC account as a mildly bad thing, you'd still get the additional full penalty if that FC account was delinquent  (the additional penalty being whatever a 30-day or 60-day or 90-day late happens to be).

In your case, when you get all delinquencies removed, it sounds like you will still have a clean closed FC account on your reports, which will do some (possibly very mild) damage to your score.  The good news is that harm (such as it is) is already been done, so getting the derogs removed will undo the Day 90 late penalty, which can only be a good thing.

Message 24 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@newhis wrote:

Interesting. I guess FC accounts open hurt more than closed?

Will the FC accounts closed stop hurting after some time? Like a HP that stops hurting after 1 year?

Yes I am wondering the same thing, good question. 

As for dixies question. I do have finance company accounts, it says it on MyFICO and on CCT.

Yes... but do you have any FC accounts on your EQ report?  I know you had some on TU and EX.

Actually if you could tell me how many you have on EQ, how many on TU, and how many on EX, that might tell us something.

Regarding the issue of how the harm done by FC accounts is measured by FICO, I don't know.  I do not know that open FC accounts are considered worse than closed ones, though that might be.  Nor do I know that FC accounts that were closed 4 months ago are considered worse than those closed 4 years ago (say) -- though that might be too.  Unlike CC balances this is an area that is hard to test for nuances.  With credit cards, there are a huge number of Forum contributors who have them, they can change their balances swiftly and easily and with no permanent effect, measuring score changes all the while.  With FC accounts nobody is going to willingly add one to his profile just for "test purposes" because you are then stuck with it for 10 years even if you close it right away.

There have been, however, many cases of people adding an FC account accidentally (without realizing the risk) and experiencing some score harm.  Or, as in the case of our OP, people who have a strangely low score when all other factors suggest it should be much higher.  And then we find out that the profile has FC accounts on it.  I think there was a guy who posted on here about getting a FC company account removed from his report and gaining promptly 26 points.  All hard stuff nevertheless to replicate and test repeatedly

Message 25 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@newhis wrote:

Interesting. I guess FC accounts open hurt more than closed?

Will the FC accounts closed stop hurting after some time? Like a HP that stops hurting after 1 year?

Yes I am wondering the same thing, good question. 

As for dixies question. I do have finance company accounts, it says it on MyFICO and on CCT.

Yes... but do you have any FC accounts on your EQ report?  I know you had some on TU and EX.

Actually if you could tell me how many you have on EQ, how many on TU, and how many on EX, that might tell us something.

Regarding the issue of how the harm done by FC accounts is measured by FICO, I don't know.  I do not know that open FC accounts are considered worse than closed ones, though that might be.  Nor do I know that FC accounts that were closed 4 months ago are considered worse than those closed 4 years ago (say) -- though that might be too.  Unlike CC balances this is an area that is hard to test for nuances.  With credit cards, there are a huge number of Forum contributors who have them, they can change their balances swiftly and easily and with no permanent effect, measuring score changes all the while.  With FC accounts nobody is going to willingly add one to his profile just for "test purposes" because you are then stuck with it for 10 years even if you close it right away.

There have been, however, many cases of people adding an FC account accidentally (without realizing the risk) and experiencing some score harm.  Or, as in the case of our OP, people who have a strangely low score when all other factors suggest it should be much higher.  And then we find out that the profile has FC accounts on it.  I think there was a guy who posted on here about getting a FC company account removed from his report and gaining promptly 26 points.  All hard stuff nevertheless to replicate and test repeatedly

So I was able to pull the CCT reports again from last week. This is what it says.

FICO® Score 8- 688, 698, 712

Factors helping your score: No missed payments, Low credit usage, Recent credit card use. It says that for all 3 bureaus.

Factors hurting your score: EX- Short credit history, Installment balances, Consumer finance acct. TU- Short credit history, Installment balances, Seeking credit. EQ- Short credit history, No installment loans, Seeking credit.

That was all under factors.

Message 26 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well right there in the reason codes it does say that a consumer finanance account is a factor that can hurt score.  Odd that I've never seen that reason code when I have one on my reports.  Maybe it's because with respect to my file it simply isn't as significant.

Message 27 of 32
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well right there in the reason codes it does say that a consumer finanance account is a factor that can hurt score.  Odd that I've never seen that reason code when I have one on my reports.  Maybe it's because with respect to my file it simply isn't as significant.

On my report, the reason is given, along with others, only on my EX Bankcard 2 and Auto 2 and not on the later versions.

Message 28 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick note to the OP.  Thanks so much for showing us your reason codes.  Really appreciate it.

Reason codes, however, do not always explain all the things that are harming one's scores.  And indeed they can even be sharply misleading.  Asks BBS and others for examples of this!

What I have been trying to find out is the answer to something very simple.

How many FC accounts appear on your EQ report?

How many FC accounts appear on your TU report?

How many FC accounts appear on your EX report?

That's something you should be able to answer regardless of what the reason codes do or do not say.  Can you shed any light on this?

Message 29 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Quick note to the OP.  Thanks so much for showing us your reason codes.  Really appreciate it.

Reason codes, however, do not always explain all the things that are harming one's scores.  And indeed they can even be sharply misleading.  Asks BBS and others for examples of this!

What I have been trying to find out is the answer to something very simple.

How many FC accounts appear on your EQ report?

How many FC accounts appear on your TU report?

How many FC accounts appear on your EX report?

That's something you should be able to answer regardless of what the reason codes do or do not say.  Can you shed any light on this?

Ok I'm looking at the accounts now.

Capital One is reporting as a CC on all 3 bureaus as well as CareCredit.

The retail store card I have is for a store named Curacao. That's where it gets weird.

That card is reporting 4 installment loans. The first one it reported was on 01/25/16 and that one appears as closed on TU and on the same date it reports as a credit card too and the card appears as open.

The second installment loan that one reports is on 01/01/16 and it reports as closed too on EX, again like on TU it also reports as a credit card on the same date and that reports opened.

On EQ it reports as a credit card on 01/25/16 and it reports open. On that same date it reports and installment loan and that one is reported open too.

Then there's another installment loan reported on EX and it reports as opened 01/01/16. 

The loan i have reports as an installment loan on both EX and TU. They don't report to EQ. 

Now that I'm looking at them like that, there's only the installment loan that the store card reports to EQ as opened and no other installment loans. If the store card reports an installment loan to EQ why does it say that what's affecting my score under factors is that there's no installment loans on EQ if the store card reports one?

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.