cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got my first "pre-selected" offer!

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: I got my first "pre-selected" offer!

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

Marine....do u think it's a good option for me to o so after bk.....should I do it after bk or just wait till it comes off my report in 2015 and see what I get then?.......I just want to see if maybe I will get offers for a prime card....

One possible problem I see in opting back in is the added temptation to apply for a card just "because" you received something in the mail. Believe me I've been down that road.

Of course the final decision is yours but I would probably suggest you research as much as possible on the cards that are best for you; those cards that fit your situation; those that will grow with you. Don't get in a hurry. Take your time before deciding.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 31 of 48
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

Marine....do u think it's a good option for me to o so after bk.....should I do it after bk or just wait till it comes off my report in 2015 and see what I get then?.......I just want to see if maybe I will get offers for a prime card....

One possible problem I see in opting back in is the added temptation to apply for a card just "because" you received something in the mail. Believe me I've been down that road.

Of course the final decision is yours but I would probably suggest you research as much as possible on the cards that are best for you; those cards that fit your situation; those that will grow with you. Don't get in a hurry. Take your time before deciding.

I will not apply for cards I dont need......I was just wondering if if would do me harm if I did (like some of the IIB accounts will come back to bite me in the A**?????

Do I need to opt in though??

I never opted out......just wondering ??

Message 32 of 48
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

I will not apply for cards I dont need......I was just wondering if if would do me harm if I did (like some of the IIB accounts will come back to bite me in the A**?????

Possible JDB's will get your info. and start hassling you if your within SOL and it wasn't IIB.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 33 of 48
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

Possible JDB's will get your info. and start hassling you if your within SOL and it wasn't IIB.

Gotcha...LS ....I should probably stay away from opting in then..

Message 34 of 48
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

I think it would be best to stay opted out until it falls off, helps in more ways than 1.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 35 of 48
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

I think it would be best to stay opted out until it falls off, helps in more ways than 1.

Got it....feeling a bit itchy after my Zync denial........Smiley Sad

Message 36 of 48
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

Got it....feeling a bit itchy after my Zync denial........Smiley Sad

I was too..............

Hang in there!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 37 of 48
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

If you've never gone to that site and opted out then you should be receiving all those annoying pre-approval credit and insurance offers.

Message 38 of 48
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

If you've never gone to that site and opted out then you should be receiving all those annoying pre-approval credit and insurance offers.

I thought if you file BK your automatically opted out for a certain period of time?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 39 of 48
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@LS2982 wrote:

I thought if you file BK your automatically opted out for a certain period of time?

That very well could be. My BK was so long ago and I know the laws have changed somewhat since then.

Message 40 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.