cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I guess Amex has the warm fuzzies for me...

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

I guess Amex has the warm fuzzies for me...

... because now they've sent me an invite to apply for a Gold card. Ummmm..... I just got the Green, don't need another one.  I'm quite happy to build some history on my new card and recultivate my relationship with Amex.

When I got the invite for Green, I went online to try the preapproval link and was offered Gold, Green and Zync. Green suited me best, so I went with that.

Anyway, I've got to say that it feels really, really good to be getting mailings from a prime issuer. It might be hard for those who have never had to rebuild their credit, but for me there is definitely an emotional impact to beginning to feel creditworthy again. I don't care if these solicitations fall under the category of junk mail -- keep them coming! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Mzvanessa
Contributor

Re: I guess Amex has the warm fuzzies for me...

Smiley Very Happy  Congratulation on your new AMEX card and kudos for not apping for more than one.

TU: Fico 678 6-19-13 677 8/23/13
EQ: Fico 665 7-5-13 665 8/23/13
EX: Fico 681 Lender pulled 8/23/13

Message 2 of 8
aftermath
Established Contributor

I don't get it.  I have FICO scores in the mid 700's and I never get any solicitations or pre-approvals.  I am not opted-out either.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 3 of 8
andre181
Established Contributor

@aftermath wrote:

I don't get it.  I have FICO scores in the mid 700's and I never get any solicitations or pre-approvals.  I am not opted-out either.

Same here. I rarely get them anymore. I used to get TONS from HSBC and Capital One, but then they just stopped

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 4 of 8
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@aftermath wrote:

I'm not quite sure either, but apparently there's something in my profile that they see and like. It could be that I have a fairly long credit history and a good degree of employment and residence stability. My baddies are old and will be gone soon.

I hope that folks here don't take my intent behind this thread the wrong way. I'm not trying to gloat, or upset anyone here in any way; it's more a matter of celebrating a personal milestone. I've  experienced past frustrations with rebuilding and am now FINALLY beginning to have my credit profile viewed in a positive light. Over the course of the last year I've worked very hard at improving my credit habits -- paying off old debt, getting my util waaaaay down from where it was, avoiding overspending and remembering to PIF, etc... -- and it feels wonderful to see favorable results.

Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 5 of 8
Noctilum
Frequent Contributor

@aftermath wrote:

Same scenario for me.  When I bought a house and stopped applying for credit altogether after that, I stopped getting all offers.  I move, open a new checking account and BAM tons of offers.

Message 6 of 8
aftermath
Established Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@aftermath wrote:

I'm not quite sure either, but apparently there's something in my profile that they see and like. It could be that I have a fairly long credit history and a good degree of employment and residence stability. My baddies are old and will be gone soon.

I hope that folks here don't take my intent behind this thread the wrong way. I'm not trying to gloat, or upset anyone here in any way; it's more a matter of celebrating a personal milestone. I've  experienced past frustrations with rebuilding and am now FINALLY beginning to have my credit profile viewed in a positive light. Over the course of the last year I've worked very hard at improving my credit habits -- paying off old debt, getting my util waaaaay down from where it was, avoiding overspending and remembering to PIF, etc... -- and it feels wonderful to see favorable results.

You have all the right to gloat, you've earned it.  Getting to where you are doesn't happen overnight.  It takes persistence and a lot of sweat and tears.

I was just thinking outloud.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 7 of 8
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@aftermath wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@aftermath wrote:

You have all the right to gloat, you've earned it.  Getting to where you are doesn't happen overnight.  It takes persistence and a lot of sweat and tears.

I was just thinking outloud.

Quite true. Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.