Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm so done with applying for credit cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm so done with applying for credit cards

I'm happy with what i have now. In the next 2 or 3 years i would like Chase Freedom an a real Discover but nothing else until then.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I'm so done with applying for credit cards

So, you're really "not" done apping.Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

LMAO no really i am. I know so many of us say that here an in return do it again lol

Message 3 of 14
DI
Super Contributor

I haven't apped for new credit in 9 months.  I have really diciplined myself once I learned new credit affects the AAoA.   Good luck with you. 

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx

Message 5 of 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I haven't apped since 02/08 and I don't have any plans to do so in the foreseeable future. I've learned how money (debt) and credit works and its a VERY ugly world. Its sad.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

So agree

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not applied for Credit since Feb 2001 (and that was not for a Credit Card but to join a Country Club) and things have been fine. 

Never asked for a CLI and still am beseiged with offers from people for credit.

It's really a state of mind and once I realized if I just did things NORMALLY, (pay my bills when due, not over extend, not needlessly apply for Credit ) and basically quit trying to micromanage it, things have never been better.

When I've had an issue I called and got great customer service from banks that peole vilify on here. Sometimes it just makes me feel that it is far more the attitude of the person going in that causes the results of the encounter.

Hope everyone reaches all their Credit goals and NO, I have never checked my credit score, could not tell you what it is.Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 14
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have not applied for Credit since Feb 2001 (and that was not for a Credit Card but to join a Country Club) and things have been fine. 

Never asked for a CLI and still am beseiged with offers from people for credit.

It's really a state of mind and once I realized if I just did things NORMALLY, (pay my bills when due, not over extend, not needlessly apply for Credit ) and basically quit trying to micromanage it, things have never been better.

When I've had an issue I called and got great customer service from banks that peole vilify on here. Sometimes it just makes me feel that it is far more the attitude of the person going in that causes the results of the encounter.

Hope everyone reaches all their Credit goals and NO, I have never checked my credit score, could not tell you what it is.:smileyhappy

I am happy to hear you've had only great cs experiences and I don't doubt it.  However, while it's common knowledge that rude or abrasive attempts get treated differently sometimes by cs... just because 99.5% of my experiences have been fine, doesn't necessarily mean that the thousands upon thousands who lodge complaints about poor service are simply too incompetent or what say you to make a polite inquiry with a ccc.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 9 of 14
joestay
Frequent Contributor

I'm done applying for new credit card.  I have 2 right now and that's enough for me.  All I need is to get a credit limit increase on what I currently have.  I only 1 inquiry on my EX report and 0 on EQ. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.