cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm thinking of applying for Chase Freedom and need help.

tag
driftless
Valued Contributor

Re: I'm thinking of applying for Chase Freedom and need help.

Has your Discover card even started to report yet? FYI - I use two cashback card, Cap 1 Qs and Freedom and I use them for everything. I have a travel card which I use for restaurants and travel, Chase CSP. I use my cards heavily and PIF every month, 0 balances. Some companies like heavy usage, Cap 1 is one of those ccc. One option that you have is grow your QS MC for a while until you are pre-qualified for a QS Visa. Once you have the QS Visa you can either combine your QS MC into it or leave it stand alone. Best of luck to you.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 41 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are thinking of doing it soon,might as well wait until late March since this quarter overlaps and you'll build more history. Or go for something like the BCE that gives cats you can always use. Assuming you got double cash on your discover for a year, might as well wait for the Citi DC too.
Message 42 of 55
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

I received a Chase Freedom without having any credit scores and with having nothing on my credit report at all except an auto loan paid off in 2006.  I went on an app spree and received two cap one's and the Freedom.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 43 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@driftless wrote:
Has your Discover card even started to report yet? FYI - I use two cashback card, Cap 1 Qs and Freedom and I use them for everything. I have a travel card which I use for restaurants and travel, Chase CSP. I use my cards heavily and PIF every month, 0 balances. Some companies like heavy usage, Cap 1 is one of those ccc. One option that you have is grow your QS MC for a while until you are pre-qualified for a QS Visa. Once you have the QS Visa you can either combine your QS MC into it or leave it stand alone. Best of luck to you.

It actually started reporting a few days ago. Lol. Thank you for the help!

Message 44 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@EAJuggalo wrote:

I received a Chase Freedom without having any credit scores and with having nothing on my credit report at all except an auto loan paid off in 2006.  I went on an app spree and received two cap one's and the Freedom.

How did you manage that?

Message 45 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
If you are thinking of doing it soon,might as well wait until late March since this quarter overlaps and you'll build more history. Or go for something like the BCE that gives cats you can always use. Assuming you got double cash on your discover for a year, might as well wait for the Citi DC too.

I'm going to garden for a while now that I listened to everyone's point of view. I want to get my scores up to 800 across the board. That would be awesome. So gardening here I come!

Message 46 of 55
Kevin86475391
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a question that I just thought of since I remember reading you have the Citi Double Cash. I've heard mixed reviews on it. I've read alot of complaints of people having trouble getting the second 1% back if they pay their balance too early and that need to allow the purchases to show up in the purchase tracker in order for you to get the second 1% so on and so forth. Could you explain if you don't mind? 

I'm sorry, unfortunately I can't really provide any insight into this except to say that I have not experienced this problem at all. I have heard of other posters complaining about this, but my Purchase Tracker has always been 100% accurate and I've always earned full rewards on all payments. I'm not sure why this hasn't been the case for others.

Message 47 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kevin86475391 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a question that I just thought of since I remember reading you have the Citi Double Cash. I've heard mixed reviews on it. I've read alot of complaints of people having trouble getting the second 1% back if they pay their balance too early and that need to allow the purchases to show up in the purchase tracker in order for you to get the second 1% so on and so forth. Could you explain if you don't mind? 

I'm sorry, unfortunately I can't really provide any insight into this except to say that I have not experienced this problem at all. I have heard of other posters complaining about this, but my Purchase Tracker has always been 100% accurate and I've always earned full rewards on all payments. I'm not sure why this hasn't been the case for others.

So earning your cash back is as easy as it sounds? Sounds good to me.

Message 48 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my chase freedom with a lot lower score before Christmas with a starting limit of 2500 now my CL with them is 8400. Only used it before Christmas for shopping on Amazon cause they were offering 10% cash back. Now I don't use it. Too much trouble to remember which category the 5% it's in

Message 49 of 55
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@EAJuggalo wrote:

How did you manage that?

Only thing I can think of and I didn't even think of this until just now.  The old auto loan that is still on my report was completed with Chase.  It got sold a couple times along the way so I didn't think about it since it wasn't Chase I opened it with.  Makes sense then that they asked me about my mom's address from 15 years ago though.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 50 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.