Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I really don't see why everyone fawns over NFCU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I really don't see why everyone fawns over NFCU

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry this happened. You are talking about a payment over the weekend and this happens with a fair number of lenders whereas if a payment is made on Friday, it is not credited to the account until Tuesday, or Monday overnight into Tuesday. It's not specific to NFCU.

Yes...this^^^

I have made payments on a Friday from NFCU Checking to CashRewards and it won't post until Tuesday.  OP what time on Friday did you make the payments?  This seems to be a pretty typical timeframe for the majority of my accounts if I make a payment on a Friday (which is why I try not to do so for my sanity's sake).

Message 11 of 25
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

I would suggest using the "Make Transfer button it credits the same day. Never had any problems with Nfcu!
Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gingerflower wrote:
I would suggest using the "Make Transfer button it credits the same day. Never had any problems with Nfcu!

Agreed, ginger! Conducting it as a transfer runs very smoothly! Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@gingerflower wrote:

Agreed, ginger! Conducting it as a transfer runs very smoothly! Smiley Happy

I always use the transfer option which clears it from the "From" account immediately but will still have delayed posting to the "To" account if you place on a Friday,  But I've still never had a delay past Tuesday unless Monday is a holiday.

Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry this happened. You are talking about a payment over the weekend and this happens with a fair number of lenders whereas if a payment is made on Friday, it is not credited to the account until Tuesday, or Monday overnight into Tuesday. It's not specific to NFCU.

Agreed! The only CCCs I know where your available credit is effected immediately after a payment is American Express & Citibank. I think it may be immediate with Chase too, if your making a payment from a Chase account, but I'm not 100% sure. 

Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

CU have always been more funky on payments, pending transactions when a weekend is involved. Comes with the territory.  OP has some quality credit accounts with several great banks. Of course gushing over one, NFCU, seems overdoing it--until you read story after storyof rebuilders, or even  people who have decent scores but still handed backhanded 1k credit limits from AMEX when their income and zero debt supports great limits and rewards.

I am still waiting on confirmation of my membership and funding. If i have a good story, mine will be added as well. If i have a bad story, then my profile dictated a crappy outcome, its not the CU fault, its my pyramiding.

Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been an NFCU member (and customer) for 19 years.  I've never had any problems with any of my accounts.  I've had several car loans, personal loans, etc... over the years and it has always been an easy approval process and painless payment options.

They were the first bank to offer me a credit card after my divorce and my CS was across the board 500s.  First bank to offer auto CLIs on that card and were the first bank to offer a 5 digit CL on that card.

At 20k, the NFCU mastercard is my second highest CL and the lowest interest rate at 10.24%.  Not that I am in the habit of keeping a balance, but good to know if I need it.

I'm probably going to get the CLOC as well.

So yeah, no complaints at all from me for NFCU.  

To compare, I've opened and closed several accounts over the years - Wachovia (horrible) and M&T (almost as bad).  

YMMV

Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved me for a 24k cash rewards card and 15k CLOC the same day.  Month later gave me a truck loan for another $7200.00 (truck was already almost paid off thru another CU) and didn't bat an eye lash.  Everytime I call and talk to them they are cheerful and a delight.  Only other company credit wise that I would compare would be Discovers customer service.  NCFU rocks, hopefully I'll never have a reason to be upset with them.

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo, the payment posts that night but the available credit is freed up instantly if you pay from a Wells Fargo checking account.
Message 19 of 25
nrm
Frequent Contributor

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.