Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I went curb stomping.

tag
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I went curb stomping.

No, it didn't involve anyone's teeth being shattered. It involved the following cards ego's being shattered:

HSBC - $900, $59 AF
SeaMiles - $500
Target - $200
WalMart - $500
Capital One - $2000 combined into current mastercard for $3800

I am contemplating combining my $2000 Amex Clear into my Blue. I thought the Clear had lifetime 5.99 APR on BTs but it turned out to only be promotional.

Anyone ever combine Amex's?
Here we go again...
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I went curb stomping.

Congrats, FM, on trimming the CC "fat" from your wallet (or sockdrawer)!!!
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

WTG F.M.! I'm proud of you. I believe you chose wisely. And super good move on combining the Cap1 cards! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 8
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Thanks Syl!

It made me feel like a rugged, brute, fair-credit manbeast when I told each of those CCCs to close my account.

I still have like 9 prime accounts now though. I'm thinking it's still a bit much.
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nooooooooo, never enough! Have you been out in the heat to long? LOL. Smiley Very Happy

just kidding! I have 15, and about 3 to many.

You'll find a right balance in due time. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 8
bb1000
New Contributor

Nice work, my man. I may exact the same wrath on the insulting BOA Secured card I have. I get angry every time I see it above my high-limit, unsecured Citi card on my reports.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

bb1000 wrote:
Nice work, my man. I may exact the same wrath on the insulting BOA Secured card I have. I get angry every time I see it above my high-limit, unsecured Citi card on my reports.

Be patient with that BofA Secured card.  It's one of the few secured cards that will eventually unsecure and open the door to many possibilities with a prime lender.  IMO, it's almost never a good idea to close a BofA Secured card prematurely.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FretlessMayhem wrote:
I am contemplating combining my $2000 Amex Clear into my Blue. I thought the Clear had lifetime 5.99 APR on BTs but it turned out to only be promotional.

Anyone ever combine Amex's?

As far as I know they don't actually combine cards and the most you can do with that is reallocate $1,000 from the Clear CL over to Blue (they don't have limits below $1K) and keep another $1K on the Clear.

I would love to be proved wrong on this though.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.