Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*INTEREST CHARGE* REFUND ????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

*INTEREST CHARGE* REFUND ????

i was looking at my bills with a balance that was off. Once i went and checked my statement and notice the reason was this? *INTEREST CHARGE* PURCHASES REFUND ($129.87) credited back to my card. Werid ...  This was after they've increased my credit limit so im wondering if that had anything to do with it or if they've also changed or lowered my APR without actknowledging me. Either way! way to go! I'm not complaining, i just never had an interest refund this high Smiley Very Happy And yes it was my APR has changed. Statements after July 2014 i see my APR been changed from 23.99% APR to 18% so it seems i been credited from Jan - July. On their application for PayPal Extras it states ''For new accounts: Variable purchase APR is 19.99% or 23.99%.'' I guess they volunteerly lower your APR as you get approved for credit limit increases. Not sure. Im now going look back on my other cards to see if the APR been lowered without my knowledge. People freak out about high APR Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: *INTEREST CHARGE* REFUND ????

Did you ever figure this out?  I also had the same thing post to my paypal extras...to the tune of around 900 dollars. I am just waiting for them to take it back! :-)

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you ever figure this out?  I also had the same thing post to my paypal extras...to the tune of around 900 dollars. I am just waiting for them to take it back! :-)

you're waiting for what ? they flopped my APR from 24% to 18% APR without my knownledge and refund me the differences in interest from Jan - July before they changed my APR in August. 

Message 3 of 15
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

If syncrony is lowering your APR automatically, maybe it's time for you to call your other cards to see if an APR adjustment is possible, as something in your credit has changed for the better.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

If syncrony is lowering your APR automatically, maybe it's time for you to call your other cards to see if an APR adjustment is possible, as something in your credit has changed for the better.

well i asked for a credit limit increase and that's when i noticed the changed. I had to because CareCredit decreased my credit limit from $12,000 to  $6,000 due to ''insufficient use.'' i have not used it in over a year and it ruined my overal utilization rate AND ON THE SAME DAY before it was even reported to the  credit bureaus i rushed and picked up the phone and started calling every Syncrony card i had Smiley Very Happy and luckily i was able to obtain $5,500 while it still showed i had $12,000 limit with CareCredit because if it were to report the new limit $6,000 that would made me look like i had made heavy use and probably would not had been approved for a credit limit increase on my other cards so luckily i saved my ***.  they pissed me off though Smiley Frustrated

Now if i want to raise it they wont without a hard inquiry so next time i do i'll request $20,000 instead $12,000. I told them i already have a hard inquiry from last time i was approved for $12,000 why would i take another one ? If i need to have another one it better be more than what i was approved for last time. That's like 2 hard inquiries for the same ****.

Message 5 of 15
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

well i asked for a credit limit increase and that's when i noticed the changed. I had to because CareCredit decreased my credit limit from $12,000 to  $6,000 due to ''insufficient use.'' i have not used it in over a year and it ruined my overal utilization rate AND ON THE SAME DAY before it was even reported to the  credit bureaus i rushed and picked up the phone and started calling every Syncrony card i had Smiley Very Happy and luckily i was able to obtain $5,500 while it still showed i had $12,000 limit with CareCredit because if it were to report the new limit $6,000 that would made me look like i had made heavy use and probably would not had been approved for a credit limit increase on my other cards so luckily i saved my ***.  they pissed me off though Smiley Frustrated

Now if i want to raise it they wont without a hard inquiry so next time i do i'll request $20,000 instead $12,000. I told them i already have a hard inquiry from last time i was approved for $12,000 why would i take another one ? If i need to have another one it better be more than what i was approved for last time. That's like 2 hard inquiries for the same ****.

Secondary HP's only matter if there is a difference in what's being reported, and if it's in your benefit.

Message 6 of 15
cahiatt
Contributor

Maybe they realized they either calculated the interest wrong or were charging a different rate than what was reported on your statement. They may have decided to fix it before the lawsuits started rolling in.

Starting Score: 594 (Dec 10, 2010)
Score: 758 (March, 2013
Goal Score: 730 on all (by end of 2012)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cahiatt wrote:

Maybe they realized they either calculated the interest wrong or were charging a different rate than what was reported on your statement. They may have decided to fix it before the lawsuits started rolling in.

Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 15
had2978

I got that refund as well to my paypal extras mastercard for the tune of $329...

Message 9 of 15
buggie
New Contributor

Wow, you guys! I got a refund of $7.69. Wish I got a big one like you all! My statement hasn't cut yet, but I assume it's from the reduced APR as I've seen some other people talk about in this forum.

I would love one of those refunds in the hundreds!!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.