cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you could only have one card... which one?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: If you could only have one card... which one?

It would be choice between Citi DC or Sallie Mae ... mmmmmmm ... Sallie Mae.

Message 41 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Sig.

Message 42 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Easy for me. Citi Prestige. I have gotten over $2200 in 4th night stays back from them including a suite in Las Vegas. Credit was $525 at the Venetian so I also earned IHG points. Then the airline credits on top.... Cant imagine ever NOT having this card... Havent even had it a year....

Message 43 of 54
Open123
Super Contributor

This question used to be so easy to answer (at least for me), the Amex SPG.  

After the Marrott integration, then Chase Ink Plus or EDP.  Still undecided on that one, since I could always just buy Visa GCs from the supermarket for non-Amex Merchants.

Message 44 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

man.. if I had sallie mae mc I wouldn't need any other cards!

BankAmericard Cash Rewards, if I must pick one..unless I change my mind Smiley Happy

Message 45 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really like my Amex BCP.

Message 46 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Amex BCP, or Citi DC or Discover. Those are my power cards.

Message 47 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably my Citibank Double Cash. It's a difficult decision to make because all of my cards serve(s) a purpose.
Message 48 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Easy for me. Citi Prestige. I have gotten over $2200 in 4th night stays back from them including a suite in Las Vegas. Credit was $525 at the Venetian so I also earned IHG points. Then the airline credits on top.... Cant imagine ever NOT having this card... Havent even had it a year....

I don't have one, but that's a pretty good all-in-one card. There's a limit to how far I'll go in using unorthodox transfer partners (I'm not even in the TY program), but the 1.6 cpp AA option is a good fallback, and the card has a decent earn rate and good perks.

Message 49 of 54
brewcrew87
Regular Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

As the title says... imagine that if tomorrow they passed a law that said you could only keep one card... what would you keep (or get a new one)?

Ink plus card. 5x URs on cable/internet/cellphones/.office supplies and allows me to transfer directly to chase travel partners and it has no FTF.

I am going with the Ink Plus as well.  The 5x URs on everything that red259 mentioned is one reason - another is for the 5 URs on tons of gift cards through cardcash and gyft (since they code as office supply stores - although with gyft you have to pay with your Ink+ through Paypal for it to code that way).  

This is turning into my 5% card for literally everything now - just with only drawback being the added time spent purchasing gift cards through those two sites.

Main Cards: CSR(30k), DiscoverIT(50k), Freedom(10.5k), Ink+(17k), SallieMae(17.5k), 3x BoA MLB(24k), 2x BoA BBR(16k) and probably too many other cards at this point...
Current Score:
EQ: ??? TU: 799 EX: 784 - Last Updated 2-2-17 - Last CC App 11/25/16
Message 50 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.