Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inquiries Help!

I've tried searching but couldn't really find a concrete answer on this. I am familiar with the 5/24 rule, but apart from that, how many inquiries is it generally okay to have from the lender's perspective? Someone told me 3 inquiries in the past 6 months or less on the bureau they use is ideal. I understand CUs may be more flexible though. Also, any specific banks or CUs which are "inquiry friendly" and don't mind higher amounts and if so what are they usually fine with?

I know there might not be exact answers available but any help is much appreciated!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Inquiries Help!

No one knows for sure what the exact number is for certain banks unless they are an UW there. Certain banks like inquiries spread out over months, some could care less. Banks like citi and Barclays don't like a lot and banks like Amex could really care less, it's a crap shoot with some supported data mixed in. The better question is what bank are you looking at in particular? Don't go for a card simply because they are inquiry friendly unless of course you want one of their cards.
Message 2 of 3
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Re: Inquiries Help!

Inquiries are not a big deal. People put them on too high of a pedestal. They are the lowest factor in your score. If you get denied for too most inquiries, you're profile wasn't that great to begin with. I get approved with 30+
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.