Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant approval CCs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Instant approval CCs

A continuation of my previous topic. My girlfriend has decent scores but they all came from being added as AU on 3 of my cards... I was thinking of applying for cards that will give her instant approvals based on the score. Do you guys know which banks are more likely to give instant approvals based on score today?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
voidman
Established Contributor

Re: Instant approval CCs

@Anonymous wrote:
A continuation of my previous topic. My girlfriend has decent scores but they all came from being added as AU on 3 of my cards... I was thinking of applying for cards that will give her instant approvals based on the score. Do you guys know which banks are more likely to give instant approvals based on score today?

Hi, 

Approval is approval, instant or not. The question is do you or your gf really want a CC. I will assume that as yes. 

Before people can answer that question, people will need to know what her scores are.

What you consider decent maynot be decent to the CC companies. 

-void
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Faco's are 780. I assume Fico's sould be more than 760. Yes, she wants CCs. Please, do not flood here, If you know the answer or have your opinion, please share, do not ask off-topic questions. Thank you
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Faco's are 780. I assume Fico's sould be more than 760. Yes, she wants CCs. Please, do not flood here, If you know the answer or have your opinion, please share, do not ask off-topic questions. Thank you

I assume you mean instant decision.  If so, CITI, AMEX, and Discover will normally render instant decisions online.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, instant decision (score driven). We are planning to go to the bank. I heard chances of being approved instantly are slightly better if you go to the brunch
Message 5 of 15
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

If you dont mind asking, why are you sticking to instant approvals? What if you were to get approval later. Does not understand why you are impatient and wants instant approvals only.
Message 6 of 15
voidman
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I dont know what part of my message was off topic. I was trying to get more info before anyone can answer your question. 

as concorduser asked, and I share the same feeling.If she has a good score, she will get the card. Instant/non-instant should not be, i think, the criteria of choosing a card. 

760 is a good score, and she would get many of them approved, instant or not. (assumeing there are no other baddies that the banks dont want to see)

Also, you can check sites like bofa and Amex to see what kind of cards she qualifes for, they have a pre-app qualification screen. (I dont think I am using the right terms) 

hope that helps 

-void
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Because her credit history consist of my AU accounts and her scores are really high, but the u/w will probably decline
Message 8 of 15
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Because her credit history consist of my AU accounts and her scores are really high, but the u/w will probably decline

How do you know the computer wont decline. Analyzing the scores and they might use several other criterias for approval. My suggestion, apply for one or two good cards and hold off apping further more for next 6 months. Let the accounts age and then apply for another one or two cards.  As other poster suggested try the boa pre-approval site and see if there is any approval for her. My suggestion go for the nordstrom. Even if she gets approved for the store card they will upgrade the card to visa in 6 months and offer generous CL's. I started with store card $2k cl about 10 months ago and now I have a nordstrom visa with $12k CL. Go for some thing safe and that will grow her as the account ages. Citi is another best bet. Try for nordstrom and citi. Keep in mind I never heard of any one getting instant from nordstrom. You normally call after a day or two and know the decision. As I mentioned earlier even if the offer the store card with small CL card will grow pretty quickly. Macy's is another good card to have. It will grow with you. If you want macy's visa you have to apply in the store do not apply online. I started with $100 CL on my macy's card about 19 months ago now I have $4700 CL on my macy's card. No matter what cards you chose once you get one or two cards let them age and then apply after 6 months for another one or two cards. That way you'll not dulite the AAOA.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was actually thinking of Nordstrom. I do not think Citi would be a good choice, they declined my fried instantly (she was in the same situation as my GF). Thank you for your advice guys. We were also thinking of USBANK BB&B (she has a usbank cc already), Chase disney rewards, Hooters...

BoA did not have anything for her, I don't think their pre-approval system is really accurate... As far as AMEX, isn't it just a pre-qualification? Maybe it would be a good idea to get their Delta card and then convert into smth else?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.