Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insulting, sorta

tag
oscar_actuary
Frequent Contributor

Insulting, sorta

When I get these ridiculous offers for personal loans of up to $2,564 because ‘I deserve to get the things I want today’.  And then see a rate of 27.3 % APR.
I’m offended in a Tony Soprano “Are you kidding me?  Do you even know who I am?!” sort of way

Is that an indication that my profile fits someone who would go for that?

FICO EX 827, 2015 Feb; FICO EQ 836/900 (Citi), 2014 Dec; FICO TU08 818, 2015 Feb.

BofA Cash Rwrds Sig V 2013 10k; Fidelity Rewards AmEx /BofA 2013 15.4k; Chase Freedom Sig V 2002 24.1k; Chase Amazon Rwrds Sig V 2011 8k; Sam's Club MC 2002 10k; Dscvr It 2012 10k; Citi Dvdnd Plat Sel V 2013 8.9k; PenFed Plat Rwrds V 2013 20k; AmEx Blue Sky 2013 11.3k; AmEx BCP 2014 24.1k; Priceline Rwrds Sig V 2013 8.7k; PayPal Xtras GE Cap Plat MC 2012 5k

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: Insulting, sorta

@oscar_actuary wrote:

When I get these ridiculous offers for personal loans of up to $2,564 because ‘I deserve to get the things I want today’.  And then see a rate of 27.3 % APR.
I’m offended in a Tony Soprano “Are you kidding me?  Do you even know who I am?!” sort of way

Your profile isn't fantastic, but it's decent. I wouldn't pay too much mind to these kinds of offers though.

Often when you register for credit forums, blogs, and other credit-related sites, your details are sold off to marketers who assume that you're frequenting these places because you're rebuilding.

If it's any consolation, I get an email offer from FP from time to time (not that I'd ever take them up on it).

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 2 of 7
GaTech
Frequent Contributor

@oscar_actuary wrote:

Oh NO they didn't!!! Smiley Mad

As of 1/10/2014 EX FICO - 748. EQ FICO - 728. Trans FICO - 755

WellsFargo - $3,000 AMEX BCE - $18,000 Chase Freedom - $4,000

Message 3 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I get a offer thing from LendingClub frequently for my partner and ran the pre-qual thing or check your rate thing that does SP and he was approved or pre-approved whatever it is... I guess verify income and you are approved??? Anyway he was approved for the max $35k HOWEVER at the 27.74%... Should we be happy it wasn't the worst at 29.99%?

I mean I guess if you needed $35k quick and I get consolidating debt and upon that clearing he would probably have a 780+ score but it's like banks offer these debt consolidation but then don't want to give them to you or give you good rates if your util. is higher or you have debt.... Did I misunderstand the name of the loan... Debt Consolidation or Credit Card Refinancing?!

I'll keep everything at the 0% right now, thanks thoughSmiley Tongue

Message 4 of 7
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

+1,000,000 and credaddict! Yeah...
Those personal loans are a waste. Anything with a rate>0% is suspect to me -.0 lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 7
bribro
Valued Contributor

I got a targeted offer in the mail a few weeks back from "Credit One" (a ripoff of Capital One, right down to the logo) where one of their main selling points was that I could have a credit limit "up to $1,500." Woopee! They also charge an annual fee, due upon activation, AND a monthly maintenance fee. I kept the offer mailer as a gag gift.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 6 of 7
Stralem
Established Contributor

Don't worry about it.

I get all sorts of loan shark-esque offers for personal loans and sub-sub-prime cards. Yet my jobless little brother who doesn't even own a bank account gets sweetheart offers from Discover, Chase (he got a full color pamphlet for the CSP!), and even Amex.

It's weird how these offers work.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.