Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Discover datapoint

tag
arkane
Established Contributor

Re: Interesting Discover datapoint

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol, Disco updated my score and I still couldnt get love . They should make a Discover Day once a year where you can request a certain amount and they can either approve, counter or give you a nice cupcake as ke as nd say see you next yearSmiley Wink

I think that day is called your birthday AJC Smiley Happy

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 41 of 47
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Cant be Arkane, only thing I ever get for bday is another grey hair and that is no Chrome , I'll tell yaSmiley Wink
Message 42 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hit a wall with them too. Last CLI was soft pull and denied, but listed:

-too high balance (my BCE got a huge CLI and I'm way under 10% util)

-credit mix (do they want me to take out a loan just because?)

-not enough experience with current limit (it's been 5 months, you gave me a CLI after one!)

-accounts too new (that wasn't a problem before, now, was it?)

-too many inquiries (I'll give them that one, apped and reconned CSP and that was two HPs per bureau)

They pulled EQ for me but again, soft pull. I switched a while back from it to chrome, since I wasn't finding the bonus categories useful. I think I'll give this card a rest for a bit and see if they surprise me.

Message 43 of 47
arkane
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hit a wall with them too. Last CLI was soft pull and denied, but listed:

-too high balance (my BCE got a huge CLI and I'm way under 10% util)

-credit mix (do they want me to take out a loan just because?)

-not enough experience with current limit (it's been 5 months, you gave me a CLI after one!)

-accounts too new (that wasn't a problem before, now, was it?)

-too many inquiries (I'll give them that one, apped and reconned CSP and that was two HPs per bureau)

They pulled EQ for me but again, soft pull. I switched a while back from it to chrome, since I wasn't finding the bonus categories useful. I think I'll give this card a rest for a bit and see if they surprise me.

That's nothing. Ok fine it could be "a lot" depending on your file but generally speaking two per bureau isn't even worth batting an eyelash over.

Disco is just throwing every reason code they can at you, I really wouldn't read into any of it. At the end of the day, the real reason is simply "we just don't feel like giving you more credit" provided there's nothing fundamentally wrong with your file.

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 44 of 47
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Whereas most lenders probably use Watson to determine your cli or sl, I think Discover uses Bert & ErnieSmiley Wink
Message 45 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1. I dont understand with Discover. Usually I was on 91 days train but now, almost 6 months I got denied every single CLI. Stuck with my low limit $2400. Its on my sock drawer now until they give me increase. I always try CLI every single month, 2 days after the statement closed. 

Message 46 of 47
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

+1. I dont understand with Discover. Usually I was on 91 days train but now, almost 6 months I got denied every single CLI. Stuck with my low limit $2400. Its on my sock drawer now until they give me increase. I always try CLI every single month, 2 days after the statement closed. 

Aloha.

Was your discover originally secured? Or possibly your scores were on the lowish side when you originally apped?

Some folks have had luck apping for a second card....  Seeing some Disco cards get "stuck"....

Like Cap One cards do....

Something to think about... I would check for preapprovals, but your first card has to be 12 statements old (a year) or more....

-J

Message 47 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.