cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is AMEX a SP for an AU without any primary accounts?

tag
kevinindy
Established Member

Is AMEX a SP for an AU without any primary accounts?

Going to try to talk P2 (wife) into signing up for a card in the next month, thinking AMEX SPG before it changes over (we do stay at marriotts some for work.)  She is a AU on my Blue Cash with her own login and it prompts her to get her own new card when logging in as her.  if she did so, would she get a HP?  It's not a huge deal but would like to know.  She has 790+ with several accounts of her own and good AAoA etc. 

I don't think it matters but she does have a Macy's Amex but that isn't an Amex login.  Also, is there a AU fee, and do I get any perks as an AU on her card if I do that.

Lastly she is 3/24 but I already have CSR and United MP (she AU on United, but we never use that card for transactions), so not sure if there is a better chase card rather than SPG.

2/1/19 Total CL: 292K Amex FICO 08: 795
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Is AMEX a SP for an AU without any primary accounts?

No. Her standing as an AU matters not to AMEX as long as she doesn't have any prior BK or something similar. I'm 97.8% sure her applying for her own card will have a HP as a result at least for the first card. Any future applications as you alluded to will be SPs. At the very least I have never heard of a situation like hers where it resulted in a SP.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.