Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Chase Marriott ???

tag
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

Is Chase Marriott ???

Any tougher to get than the CSP ?? I just got my CSP 2 months after getting a freedom.. Freedom was my first card I apped for.. so somewhat new to cards.. took a shot with the CSP.. after the 7-10 day message and calling in to verify ID it came in the mail today Smiley Very Happy

outta the garden.. for a house Smiley Very Happybr>Current score - eq 682(myfico) ex 703(ex 02) Tr 701 (tr 04) ck fako 66)
In the wallet - freedom 6k - Marriot 16.3k - Ak Airlines 25k - Bass pro MC (BofA) 12.5k - Amex SPG 18k - Amex Everday 11.7k - Amex BC 1K - Barclay Rewards 4k Newegg preferred 2.4k - Cabelas 2k - Diners Club Elite 15k -Diners Club Premier 15k - CU1 15K -Blue Nile 15k - Lowes 17k... HD 10k
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is Chase Marriott ???

@ak_7vytr0 wrote:

Any tougher to get than the CSP ?? I just got my CSP 2 months after getting a freedom.. Freedom was my first card I apped for.. so somewhat new to cards.. took a shot with the CSP.. after the 7-10 day message and calling in to verify ID it came in the mail today Smiley Very Happy

No; however, you might want to consider diversifying your lender portfolio unless you have a hankering to stay at Marriot hotels specifically.

If Chase decides to take exception to something in your financial profile, could get ugly without other creditors to rely on.

        
Message 2 of 9
FastForward
Frequent Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@ak_7vytr0 wrote:

No; however, you might want to consider diversifying your lender portfolio unless you have a hankering to stay at Marriot hotels specifically.

If Chase decides to take exception to something in your financial profile, could get ugly without other creditors to rely on.

I definitely agree with this advice.  As for me, I hope to establish a relationship with Chase by year end for the same reasons Revelate mentions....to diversify....and Chase always seems to offer some very nice card products. 

So, yes, unless earning Marriott rewards/benefits is your primary goal, then you may want to consider options with other lenders.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx BCP (10k) | AmEx Blue Cash (1k) | AmEx SPG (3.5k) | Barclay Arrival WMC (7.5k) | Barclay Sallie Mae (1.5k) | Cap1 QS (2k) | Chase Freedom (1k) | Discover IT (4.5k) | InTouch (Local) CU MC (5k) | InTouch (Local) CU LOC (25k)

Citi/Best Buy (AU) (1.5k) | Citi/Best Buy (7.5k) | Comenity/Crate & Barrel (4k) | Comenity/Restoration Hardware (9k) | GE/Ethan Allen (2.5k) | Synchrony Bank/Banana Republic (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Gap (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Walmart (3.3k)

myFICO scores ~ 691 (EQ) 670 (EX) 712 (TU) || Goal scores: 750+ (all 3)
Message 3 of 9
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

I think you can try AMEX, at least for the MSD ( assume you don't have relationship with them before). How long have you been to other kinds of credit rather than credit cards? 

Message 4 of 9
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@ak_7vytr0 wrote:

I went a little app crazy over the last few months.. Got approved for Ak Airlines card.. Barclays NFL card and Amex Blue Sky card also.. so far chase has been the most generous.. and marriots are some of the nicer hotels in AK.. I travel between Fairbanks and Anchorage cpl times a year and free stay at the marriot in Anc would be nice. Its not so much I rely on them.. I got the cards to beef up my profile.. as it was extremely thin.. One reporting auto loan and a 1k credit card to accompany the auto loan opened 3/13.. i'm trying to build towards being a homeowner.. and i want better score so i get better mortgage terms.. my history isn't so new.. oldest acct is over 13 yrs.. just new to credit cards

outta the garden.. for a house Smiley Very Happybr>Current score - eq 682(myfico) ex 703(ex 02) Tr 701 (tr 04) ck fako 66)
In the wallet - freedom 6k - Marriot 16.3k - Ak Airlines 25k - Bass pro MC (BofA) 12.5k - Amex SPG 18k - Amex Everday 11.7k - Amex BC 1K - Barclay Rewards 4k Newegg preferred 2.4k - Cabelas 2k - Diners Club Elite 15k -Diners Club Premier 15k - CU1 15K -Blue Nile 15k - Lowes 17k... HD 10k
Message 5 of 9
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

@DavidZeng wrote:

I think you can try AMEX, at least for the MSD ( assume you don't have relationship with them before). How long have you been to other kinds of credit rather than credit cards? 

Well they were one of the cards i apped for in the last 2 months.. 500 limit..which there isn't much i use it for.. cause the limit.. my history mostly consists of auto loans and PLOC with some of the auto loans.. few personal loans.. but no credit cards

Message 6 of 9
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

I guess marriot wouldn't so much be my top choice if i lived in the states.. but most of my travel is in state.. and being in alaska.. don't have nearly as much to choose from as the lower 48..

Message 7 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

They're passing out those Marriot PR black metal Visa Siggy cards like candy over there at the Chase bank LOL...jk

I got one, and I must admit I am LOVING it.... thus far, I've received about $1400 worth of free hotels from the sign up bonus alone, and I still have like 10k Marriott points left LOL

This card also seems to be more generous than the strictly Chase cards like CSP or Freedom. I am actually shocked I didnt get this card sooner, but I'm glad I got it when I did. Try and get the 70k bonus points after 1k spend if you can !

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 9
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

They're passing out those Marriot PR black metal Visa Siggy cards like candy over there at the Chase bank LOL...jk

I got one, and I must admit I am LOVING it.... thus far, I've received about $1400 worth of free hotels from the sign up bonus alone, and I still have like 10k Marriott points left LOL

This card also seems to be more generous than the strictly Chase cards like CSP or Freedom. I am actually shocked I didnt get this card sooner, but I'm glad I got it when I did. Try and get the 70k bonus points after 1k spend if you can !

Thats what im thinking.. my travel is mostly ak.. and like i said not much to choose from up here.. and them marriots are everywhere.. so i'd benifit even on the occasional out of state vacation.. and chase seems to have taken a liking to me.. i'm gonna stick with my gut and wait to my may trip to ANC to app for this card.. as much as i want it now.. but at the same time.. chase has been so generous with everyone lately

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.