cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Citibank Offering Sears Cardholders Product Change?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Citibank Offering Sears Cardholders Product Change?

Can anyone confirm?

8 REPLIES 8
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Citibank Offering Sears Cardholders Product Change

Did you get a notice? Or, is this just speculative on your part? (and no, I can't confirm - Citi's official notice on account status was last updated mid-October)

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citibank Offering Sears Cardholders Product Change

I hadn't seen anything, maybe they sent an email i missed, but just a few days ago I actually called Citi and had them merge my Thank You Point accounts from my Citi Premier and my Sears MasterCard and the conversation was quite routine. Doesn't necessarily mean they're not PCing it though...if they do, it'll make the decision on whether to keep my Premier, PC to Prestige, or PC to a no annual fee card easier (read: without potential 11x TYP offers on the Sears card, it's about as useless as a pothole for me to stay vested in TYP, especially since I just moved all of my points to Avianca).

This is the only place I'd heard anything at all about a forced PC to the Sears card and it seems to be complete speculation on your part.
Message 3 of 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Is Citibank Offering Sears Cardholders Product Change?

@Anonymous, as far as I know this isn't the case, and we don't know if it will ever by an option.

In addition, applications are still open for the Sears credit cards so it's likely premature for them to be offering PCs (if they ever do).

If you have information that indicates they are offering PCs you're welcomed to provide it here.

(Note that to prevent confusion, I've updated the thread title to be a question rather than a declaration.)

Message 4 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

As of today my MC is still active snd with BT offers. Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The meeting of creditors takes place today at 2:30 PM Eastern Time, so likely nothing will be said publically until a statement tonight or Friday. 

At the store level, they're still pushing the Sears Card like it's going to be around a long time though. 

Message 6 of 9
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

Is the sears card still active ?

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Janus I believe it, I worked at Sears in college and their sole criteria for job performance was how many credit apps you got. Sure they said things like being on time and looking busy and being a relatable representative were important, but it was clear that the only real metric that drove their determinism of employee performance was how many credit apps you got.

@Viper yes it's still active.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I seen on another forum somewhere the members were talking about cards that the companies shut down or discontinued their credit card in the past (Believe it was some gas card) and the issuer pc some of the higher limit cards to another product in their line, closing the lowest limit cards. This got me worried so I did a cli for the first time on my Sears Mastercard on 11-21-2018 and the limit was increased from 1.8k to 15k. My sears card is one of my oldest cards dating back to 7-2008, I would be quite bummed if it closed without a pc. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.