Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Savor one subprime?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Savor one subprime?

Hi all,

While waiting patiently in the garden for the past 6 months, it's been mostly quiet, but over the past several weeks I've been targeted by capital one a dozen times for a savor one preapproval (both mailers and within my online account screen).

First, I'm not falling for it as Capone served its' purpose during my rebuild, but just curious why I would be targeted now and with this card?

Any cap one card with 'one' behind it is sub-prime if I remember reading correctly on past posts in this forum; has this changed?

Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Savor one subprime?

It can have a low spending limit and high interest, but it's a World Elite Mastercard

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you mean earning rate is lower, yes.

If you mean they usually target people with bad credit, no.

S1 is a perfectly good card, 3% cash back on dining, entertainment, without AF, is an excellent offer for many.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed it's important to remember that you need to spend  $9500 a year in restaurants to cover the annual fee on a Savor. Anyone spending less than that on the 4% categories should stick to Savor One

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Savor one is 3% Cashback vs Savor 4% Cashback. The starting line can be as low as $1000 I believe but definitely not subprime.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Savor one is 3% Cashback vs Savor 4% Cashback. The starting line can be as low as $1000 I believe but definitely not subprime.

I can confirm personally it can be as low as 500.

Message 6 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

"Is Savor one subprime?"

The 3 Hp's are!

Message 7 of 15
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I think it is sub-savor but not sub prime.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 8 of 15
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

I just got the Savor One this month, and my SCL was 5K. I was preapproved for it also. There was another poster on here that got the same SCL at the same time and his scores were in the high 700 across the board. I will never upgrade to the Savor because I will never spend 9k in dining. I also had previously opened a QS1 back on 9/2019 with a 3k limit, and I used it like a debit card. Maybe that helped me get a higher credit line with the Savor One since I have low scores.

Message 9 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Alot of banks write sub-prime lenders these days.. Whether it is Cap1, Chase (even CSP, etc..), Wells, etc...  I think the line is getting blurred these days as banks are willing to get more risky with whom they approve for cards from what I have seen.  As all these lenders/cards have written in the 630-640ish range which I consider sub-prime or average scores, but not good/very good/excellent score yet prime offering of cards.  

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.