cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Amex Magnet a SP if its bannered on your account page?

tag
Stryder
Frequent Contributor

Is the Amex Magnet a SP if its bannered on your account page?

I havent been on the boards in quite awhile, so I apologize for the large cards in my siggy...changed the height to "1" and they're still huge! If anyone had a tech tip I would appreciate it...it's all changed here..lol

AND I just realized I posted this on the wrong board, so if a Mod can move it I would appreciate that too. Apologies again! Smiley Sad

Anyway, I've been in the garden and haven't gotten any new cards since my Freedom 14 months ago. I am looking to get a BT card and 1.5% or a 2% rewards, so I was looking at the Freedom Unlimited. Now I come on here and see the new Magnet and man does that look tempting.

All my inqs from 2016 will be falling off leaving me just a few per bureau this year, so I am looking to avoid HPs if I can. The FU is an offer on my account, so it should be a SP, I have another offer from BOA for a BT, and now I see the Magnet and was wondering if it is also a SP? My current Amex card is a BCE Preffered (10k cl) that will be 2 yrs old in Sept. I currently have a total cl of 96k.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is the Amex Magnet a SP if its bannered on your account page?

If you have a card with Amex, as far as i know every additional card is SP unless otherwise stated.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It should be. You can hop into the chat and ask a rep to be sure.

Message 3 of 12
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

Make sure you are logged into your account before you apply.
Message 4 of 12
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Being logged into your account is not required to avoid a HP. Tons of members here have been in private browsers in order to obtain better SUB’s and still don’t receive hard pulls. It’s very profile dependent. Better scores and longer amount of time as a card member have a much better chance at avoiding a HP over someone in the low 600’s who might be trying to add another card.

As far as I know and I could be wrong about this. Offers on your chase account will result in a HP even if they have the green check mark.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 5 of 12
Stryder
Frequent Contributor

"As far as I know and I could be wrong about this. Offers on your chase account will result in a HP even if they have the green check mark."

I'm for sure not an expert, but the offer just has you enter your income and phone number for the CFU card, so I assumed it would be a SP. I'm not going to die if the do an hp, I was just trying to avoid it if I could. I like the Citi Diamond Preffered card, but from what Im reading they will do a double pull on new accounts, thats a bummer. My BOA account also has an offer for a BT card, but I feel pretty sure they will ding me...plus Im not a big BOA fan...they've been stingy to me. 

Message 6 of 12
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Stryder wrote:

I havent been on the boards in quite awhile, so I apologize for the large cards in my siggy...changed the height to "1" and they're still huge! If anyone had a tech tip I would appreciate it...it's all changed here..lol

Hi @Stryder!  Welcome back!   wavey_zps81xnuobx.gif

We use width settings now instead of height to set the image size... I added it for you.  Smiley Wink

You still have a few broken links to repair but the size is now about right (feel free to adjust).

(The Credit Cards board is fine.) Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 12
Stryder
Frequent Contributor

Hi UncleB, surprised you remember me! Great to see you!

Thanks for fixing my sigs, I'll go back and see what you did and fix my links tomorrow.

This is a good board for this post, problem was I posted it in "Credit Card Approvals". I got so busy reading about all the happy new Magnet owners I forgot where I was...Smiley Very Happy

I think the Magnet would be cool card to have, so Im going to soak on it for a few days.

What about the Citi Diamond? Anybody have any comments about that for a BT card? I would need aleast 7 to 10k to make it useful and it doesn't seem like they give great sl and do they double pull?

I am going to add a couple of cards, the BT and a 1.5-2% rewards, so Im shopping...

Message 8 of 12
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Even though the Chase app has only income and light details. I still believe it’s a HP. I’ve never heard of anything SP related when it comes to chase. I believe it only asks for those small details because they have all the infomation already on file.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 9 of 12
Stryder
Frequent Contributor

Thanks S.factor!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.