cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a standard min. payment multiple considered ideal?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a standard min. payment multiple considered ideal?

For those that don't PIF, is there a standard min. payment multiple considered ideal y the credit card companies? Paying 2x the min.? 3x?  Obviously for avoiding interest it's best to pay as much as you can.  But I'm talking about from the credit card companies' perspective of what an ideal customer looks like to them, is there a guideline that they go by?   They consider PIF customers to be deadbeats(because they don't make much $ off them), but perhaps if you're just paying the min. they will consider you too risky

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Re: Is there a standard min. payment multiple considered ideal?

I am a PIF'er but carry one large BT with BoA.  Now I know what most folks think about BoA but I have never had a problem with them.  I ALWAYS pay 4-5 times the minimum and have enjoyed frequent CLI's and BT offers.  My CL started at 7.5K in Jan. 2009, CLI to 10K in June and 12.5K in Jan. 2010, all while carrying a balance of upwards of 4K.

Of course YMMV

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Hi, urgent_help_needed!

(Too early for me today, I think...this is my third edit...whew, can't read...)

Itsmeagain is right on target with paying 4-5 times the minimum payment.  Seems to give the credit card company the warm fuzzies!  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

itsmeagain, have the CLI's you've been getting from BOA been ones you've requested, or have they been giving you CLI's automatically?

Message 4 of 5
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

I have always called and requested the CLI even though the love button is always present.  But, I am comfortable with the phone CSR's and want them to tell me immediately if I'm denied so I can whine and beg right away . . . . . . Smiley Wink

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.