Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Largest purchase ever on your card?

tag
black_citi
Established Contributor

Re: Largest purchase ever on your card?

Back in 2009 I bought a 96 chevy lumina for $3000 with this Chase credit card I had. I knew absolutely nothing about credit at the time. I don't remember what kind of card it was, don't think the freedom was out at the time, but the card had a 5k limit.

The day after buying the car it broke down on me and had to pay an extra $250 to get it fixed. Yup, that 250 went on that chase card too. The car lasted for a year after that and in July 2010 I got it junked. By that time I owed almost 6k on that card (I was $1000 over limit).

That is the reason Chase hates me and won't give me any new cards. Of course I've learned my lesson but I don't blame them. I will never do that again.
Make More, Spend Less
Message 61 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

$4000 for a Serta mattress. I did it to take advantage of their extended financing but I think I am going to pay it off early because having a balance is making me feel uncomfortable. LOL 

Message 62 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

how can you be uncomfortable when you're sleeping on a $4k serta...
Message 63 of 145
dilettante
Established Contributor

$21,000+ on Ritz card for recent hotel stay. At least it netted lots of Marriott/Ritz points for future award staysSmiley Happy

Message 64 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

did you buy part of the hotel or what..
Message 65 of 145
dilettante
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
did you buy part of the hotel or what..

LOL, no, just an extended stay in an Executive suite overseas that I payed for as a gift for a relative.

Message 66 of 145
bigDEElight
Frequent Contributor

About $1,400 for a purchase at Louis Vuitton on my CSP. While trying to meet the spent on my Cap One Venture, that might change lol
EQ: 706 TU: 716 EX: 708
Total: $91,700 | 2016 Goal: $95K | Utilization: 8%
Message 67 of 145
Ragelog
Established Contributor

Just over $1800 for a Simmons King Sized bed, delivery, protector, frame and 2 twin mattresses, boxsprings and frames with protectors. 0% for 24 months at Nebraska Furniture Mart it will be paid off before the end of 2016 likely sooner.

EQ04 675, EQ08 676, EX08 719, TU08 703 $12704.75/$123050 Revolving Credit (All 0% or 1.99%) - In Garden Since 5/25/2016

Last negative item should fall off in July 2017.
Message 68 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh i didn't think about in-store financed stuff. $2,200 at kays for my ex wife's ring.
Message 69 of 145
FeeBear
Regular Contributor

I paid 3 month of rent $6k.

Fee

Message 70 of 145
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.