Did you mean: 

List Of Shopping Cart Trick Credit Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: List Of Shopping Cart Trick Credit Cards

@SoCalGardener wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I hope you are recovering and all is much better now.  I did open many new accounts because I recognized that all l really  had was Capital One cards for almost 16 months.  It was time to branch out.  It was great that my inquiries were minimum and I was able to open 5 more bank cards ( visa and Discover).  And it did wonders for my utilization as well.  I admit I did get caught up in the moment of getting approved for all that I applied for.  But now, big time gardening till next year.  I'm lucky that I have very old accounts, over 20 years old, so my new accounts didn't impact the age of account.  Patience is a virtue and I'm working on that.  Reading your post, I know that you are doing a great job with your credit and I hope that your health continues to improve.

Thanks, yes, I'm doing much better. It's been six years since the brain tumor was removed, and although its residual effects are still disabling, for the most part I'm doing well--and I'm really grateful to be above ground, you know? Smiley Happy

I HATED that my credit got destroyed in the process. I'm a stickler...an absolute STICKLER...for paying bills on time and being thought of as trustworthy. Nothing has hurt my feelings more than to be thought of as a loser deadbeat who didn't pay their bills.

It sounds like you're being quite careful and thoughtful about how you handle your credit, too. I know it's fun--and enticing!--when all of a sudden you realize you're able to get credit. The "kid in a candy store" effect, right?! It is indeed good that you have some 20+ year old accounts; that's great. I actually have one that's 24 years old--thanks to my mother. When she died two years ago, I contacted Discover to tell them she had died and to close her account and send me the final bill. They put me through to their...oh, shoot...I can't think of what it's called...anyway, a special department that deals with customers' deaths. The woman there asked if I wanted to have the account switched to my name. I was like, HUH?! She said that they could transfer it to my name AND I would retain its 24 year age and payment history. I told her straight out that I had filed bankruptcy a while back and I knew my credit scores weren't stellar at that point; I believe they ran a SP and then approved it. They had to downsize its limit, from $16,000 to $3,000--but I didn't care. I was grateful for the opportunity.

I'm happy to hear that you are better. Things happen in life that changes are life completely.  It makes us stronger and wiser.  I do love Discover and what they did for you is fantastic.  For you to have a credit a 20 year old account will help you tremendously in the age accounts on your report.   I have a few because I'm just old enough to have them, lol!  You can increase the limit in time, if that is what you want.   And yes I'm like a kid in a candy store, but I am determine to garden till next year.  Stay well!  

Message 171 of 253
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SoCalGardener wrote:

Hi everyone! I just wanted to post to say...IT WORKS!! I didn't really need any more credit cards, but I couldn't resist trying the SCT, so I did. And I had extraordinary results, because every site I tried it on worked. I've stopped for now as I don't want to drag down my scores with a bunch of new accounts, but these are the sites I tried and it worked on:

Overstock.com

SportsmansGuide.com

WomanWithin.com

THANKS for the info!

Congratulations on your new cards. Sportsmans Guide will be a HP on your credit however if you have done it recently -Comenity ahs confirmed that it is now HP for all of their MC's and Visas, SCT or no. Policy changed on MC and Visas but not storecards. See other sections of the forum and they will confirm as well.

Message 172 of 253
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried it and got:

Overstock: 250.00

Express: 500.00

Jcrew: 250.00

Smiley Happy

Message 173 of 253
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SoCalGardener wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I hope you are recovering and all is much better now.  I did open many new accounts because I recognized that all l really  had was Capital One cards for almost 16 months.  It was time to branch out.  It was great that my inquiries were minimum and I was able to open 5 more bank cards ( visa and Discover).  And it did wonders for my utilization as well.  I admit I did get caught up in the moment of getting approved for all that I applied for.  But now, big time gardening till next year.  I'm lucky that I have very old accounts, over 20 years old, so my new accounts didn't impact the age of account.  Patience is a virtue and I'm working on that.  Reading your post, I know that you are doing a great job with your credit and I hope that your health continues to improve.

Thanks, yes, I'm doing much better. It's been six years since the brain tumor was removed, and although its residual effects are still disabling, for the most part I'm doing well--and I'm really grateful to be above ground, you know? Smiley Happy

I HATED that my credit got destroyed in the process. I'm a stickler...an absolute STICKLER...for paying bills on time and being thought of as trustworthy. Nothing has hurt my feelings more than to be thought of as a loser deadbeat who didn't pay their bills.

It sounds like you're being quite careful and thoughtful about how you handle your credit, too. I know it's fun--and enticing!--when all of a sudden you realize you're able to get credit. The "kid in a candy store" effect, right?! It is indeed good that you have some 20+ year old accounts; that's great. I actually have one that's 24 years old--thanks to my mother. When she died two years ago, I contacted Discover to tell them she had died and to close her account and send me the final bill. They put me through to their...oh, shoot...I can't think of what it's called...anyway, a special department that deals with customers' deaths. The woman there asked if I wanted to have the account switched to my name. I was like, HUH?! She said that they could transfer it to my name AND I would retain its 24 year age and payment history. I told her straight out that I had filed bankruptcy a while back and I knew my credit scores weren't stellar at that point; I believe they ran a SP and then approved it. They had to downsize its limit, from $16,000 to $3,000--but I didn't care. I was grateful for the opportunity.

I'm happy to hear that you are better. Things happen in life that changes are life completely.  It makes us stronger and wiser.  I do love Discover and what they did for you is fantastic.  For you to have a credit a 20 year old account will help you tremendously in the age accounts on your report.   I have a few because I'm just old enough to have them, lol!  You can increase the limit in time, if that is what you want.   And yes I'm like a kid in a candy store, but I am determine to garden till next year.  Stay well!  

I had no idea up until that point [with Discover] that credit card companies could do that! It was like another final gift from my mom, and every time I use my Discover card I think about her and the fact that I have a 24-year-old account on my credit reports because of her.

Thanks for the kind words--and have fun gardening until next year! Smiley Happy

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 174 of 253
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SoCalGardener wrote:

Hi everyone! I just wanted to post to say...IT WORKS!! I didn't really need any more credit cards, but I couldn't resist trying the SCT, so I did. And I had extraordinary results, because every site I tried it on worked. I've stopped for now as I don't want to drag down my scores with a bunch of new accounts, but these are the sites I tried and it worked on:

Overstock.com

SportsmansGuide.com

WomanWithin.com

THANKS for the info!

Congratulations on your new cards. Sportsmans Guide will be a HP on your credit however if you have done it recently -Comenity ahs confirmed that it is now HP for all of their MC's and Visas, SCT or no. Policy changed on MC and Visas but not storecards. See other sections of the forum and they will confirm as well.

Hmmmm... I'm a little confused! I DEFINITELY do not have a new HP on my credit reports [for Sportsman's Guide Visa]. Is it possible it varies by person?

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 175 of 253
Wovenyarn
Regular Contributor

I got VS on my Macbook using Chrome (as another poster said).  I'm not going to get the card but I tried for weeks using Safari with no luck.

Freedom $3k, DCU $5k, BoA Rewards $1k, BoA Americard $2k, Barclay's Ring $3k, Cap 1 Plat $2k, QS1 $2k, Discover IT $500, Lowe's $10k

Scores: EQ 687, TU 709, EX 692
Message 176 of 253
Anonymous
Not applicable

SoCalGardener -

I think it does vary by person if you get a HP on Sportmans Guide.   I did get Sportmans Guide Visa and the regular Overstock using the SCT with a SP.

I also got Modells Visa using the SCT and it was a HP from EQ.

hth

Message 177 of 253
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SoCalGardener wrote:

I actually have one that's 24 years old--thanks to my mother. When she died two years ago, I contacted Discover to tell them she had died and to close her account and send me the final bill. They put me through to their...oh, shoot...I can't think of what it's called...anyway, a special department that deals with customers' deaths. The woman there asked if I wanted to have the account switched to my name. I was like, HUH?! She said that they could transfer it to my name AND I would retain its 24 year age and payment history. I told her straight out that I had filed bankruptcy a while back and I knew my credit scores weren't stellar at that point; I believe they ran a SP and then approved it. They had to downsize its limit, from $16,000 to $3,000--but I didn't care. I was grateful for the opportunity.

I had no idea up until that point [with Discover] that credit card companies could do that! It was like another final gift from my mom, and every time I use my Discover card I think about her and the fact that I have a 24-year-old account on my credit reports because of her.

Really an inspiring story and thank you for sharing with us. Best of luck to you going forward.

Message 178 of 253
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SoCalGardener wrote:

I actually have one that's 24 years old--thanks to my mother. When she died two years ago, I contacted Discover to tell them she had died and to close her account and send me the final bill. They put me through to their...oh, shoot...I can't think of what it's called...anyway, a special department that deals with customers' deaths. The woman there asked if I wanted to have the account switched to my name. I was like, HUH?! She said that they could transfer it to my name AND I would retain its 24 year age and payment history. I told her straight out that I had filed bankruptcy a while back and I knew my credit scores weren't stellar at that point; I believe they ran a SP and then approved it. They had to downsize its limit, from $16,000 to $3,000--but I didn't care. I was grateful for the opportunity.

Really an inspiring story and thank you for sharing with us. Best of luck to you going forward.

Thanks. Smiley Happy

Message 179 of 253
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@toi34 wrote:

Out of all these stores I only read about members getting the trick to work on only like 5: VS, Buckle, JCrew, KingSize and Woman Within.

Has anyone got the shopping cart trick for other stores?

Yes I got the following credit card tricks...

Overstock. 4800.00

Sportsman Guide Visa. 2500.00

Modell's MVP Visa.  2000.00

Total Rewards Visa.  5000.00

HSN.  2000.00

Motorola. 2500.00

Needless to say I am in the garden now until Dec!!  But I'm having withdrawal now, lol!

Nice haul Roseyk

It's always the fallout after a successful run like this that's usually the worse part of managing your credit profile in adding/subtracting cards that are best for you now, and for the long run etc. And the first few months are grueling at best but as they say, time heals all wounds which is also true after opening new accounts. Smiley Happy

Message 180 of 253
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.