Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Updated Info on PCing with these lenders

tag
Absolution16
Frequent Contributor

Looking for Updated Info on PCing with these lenders

I have searched the forums and found information but they seem to be old or may have become outdated... so...

Which of the following financial institutions allow PCing one of their credit cards to another?

1. Chase (within the UR family of cards)

2. AMEX (between the AF and the no-AF versions of the Blue Cash or Everyday family of cards)

3. CapitalOne

4  Discover

5. Bank of America

6. Wells Fargo (especially into Bilt)

7. PenFed (between Gold and PowerCash)

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
GZG
Valued Contributor

Re: Looking for Updated Info on PCing with these lenders

@Absolution16 wrote:

3. CapitalOne on desktop: add "/productupgrade" to the end of the link after clicking into the account (best way)

or click into the account -- I want to... -- view offers and upgrades (other way, not as reliable)

4  Discover

seems to not be offered at the moment despite having been offered in the past, not sure why

Starting FICO 8:
Current FICO 8:

0/6, 3/12, 10/24
Message 2 of 12
Absolution16
Frequent Contributor

@GZG 

Much appreciated.

Message 3 of 12
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

We have had no reports of PCing to the Bilt. 
It is probably because the Bilt is a fairly new product.

Message 4 of 12
Absolution16
Frequent Contributor

@NoMoreE46 

Yeah, I could not find any datapoint in terms of PCing a WF card into Bilt on this forum.    Hopefully, more datapoint becomes available as time passes.  It looks like a great card, but seeing as how things have gone with WF recently, I don't think I will have much chance with it.  UW for that card seems the most stringent in terms of difficulty of approval.

Message 5 of 12
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Absolution16 wrote:

I have searched the forums and found information but they seem to be old or may have become outdated... so...

Which of the following financial institutions allow PCing one of their credit cards to another?

1. Chase (within the UR family of cards)

2. AMEX (between the AF and the no-AF versions of the Blue Cash or Everyday family of cards)

3. CapitalOne

4  Discover

5. Bank of America

6. Wells Fargo (especially into Bilt)

7. PenFed (between Gold and PowerCash)

1. Should be allowed, provided you're not PCing from a no-AF card to an AF card within the first year or a lower-AF card to a higher-AF card within the first year. 

2. Not able to PC per say, but upgrade/downgrade from within the same "family". You mentioned Blue Cash and Everyday. Those are two separate families of cards. If you mean upgrade/downgrade within each respective family, yes that's allowed every 12 months. If you mean PC from one family to another, then no, that's not allowed.

3. No PCs allowed, other than if Cap One voluntarily offers you an "upgrade" using the link provided above.

4. Not possible.

5. Should be possible.

6. I believe PCs are allowed, but not to Bilt.

7. Not possible. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 12
Absolution16
Frequent Contributor

@OmarGB9 

Thank you for the ultra simple clarification.  I just have a few more questions if you don't mind.

How are Chase and AMEX, when it comes to moving CLs around?  In regards to AMEX, is it possible to move CL around between an Everyday brand card and a Blue Cash brand card?

Finally, Discover.  They themselves initiated the PC of my regular Discover IT, the 5% rotating category one, into the 1.5% Miles card, a few years ago.  I did not make that request.  Their reasoning was something in the lines of "making available better product to me for my spending."  At the time, I was not putting a lot of spend with them, so it is possible they did this instead of CLD or account closure.  When I asked at that time, if I could go back to the regular IT card, they told me I could do so at anytime.  Has that changed now?

Message 7 of 12
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Absolution16 wrote:

@OmarGB9 

Thank you for the ultra simple clarification.  I just have a few more questions if you don't mind.

How are Chase and AMEX, when it comes to moving CLs around?  In regards to AMEX, is it possible to move CL around between an Everyday brand card and a Blue Cash brand card?

Finally, Discover.  They themselves initiated the PC of my regular Discover IT, the 5% rotating category one, into the 1.5% Miles card, a few years ago.  I did not make that request.  Their reasoning was something in the lines of "making available better product to me for my spending."  At the time, I was not putting a lot of spend with them, so it is possible they did this instead of CLD or account closure.  When I asked at that time, if I could go back to the regular IT card, they told me I could do so at anytime.  Has that changed now?

Both are pretty straight forward, especially Amex with whom I think you can do the reallocation online. Chase I believe you have to call. But yes, moving CL around with Amex can be done across families of cards. My comment was just about PCing across families of cards, which isn't allowed. 

Right, for some reason I believe Discover stopped allowing PCs. You can certainly call and ask and see what they say, especially since you were unwillingly PC'd, but I would temper expectations. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 8 of 12
Absolution16
Frequent Contributor

@OmarGB9 

Much appreciated!

Message 9 of 12
Absolution16
Frequent Contributor

@GZG 

@OmarGB9 

And anyone else that might want to chime in.

Could I add these 2 cards to the question?

1. USBank Altitude Connect to Cash+

2. Citi Premier to Custom Cash

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.