Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowe's 7-10 day message

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowe's 7-10 day message

I decided to apply for a lowes's card tonight and received the dreaded 7-10 day message!  Does this mean I'm not approved or do I have a chance?  Is there a backdoor number?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lowe's 7-10 day message

Denied

Message 2 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I decided to apply for a lowes's card tonight and received the dreaded 7-10 day message!  Does this mean I'm not approved or do I have a chance?  Is there a backdoor number?

Unless you were given a reference ID# and a number to contact them, then it may be a denial.  You can contact the Credit Solutions team (reference backdoor number thread) to see if additional verification is required.  If none, then it's likely not approved.  Unfortunately, any auto-declined applications cannot be reconsidered/overturned.

Message 3 of 12
Tony275
Valued Contributor

Never had to recon with Synchrony, but I've had great results from calling them, give it a shot! See what they say!

Starting Score: (June 2014) TU08: 663 | EQ04: 640 | EX08: 685
Current Score: TU08: 757 | EQ04/08: 757/758 | EX08: 761
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Total Credit Line - $186,050 | Utilization - 16.8%
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes they gave me a reference number. I willl call today. They were closed last night.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm surprised anybody gets denied for lowes card . They hand them out like gift cards . I used to work there at the credit department .
Message 6 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm surprised anybody gets denied for lowes card . They hand them out like gift cards . I used to work there at the credit department .

They for some reason recently started pulling EQ a lot on people expecting TU as per most SYNC cards and we have been seeing tons of denials lately... I don't think it's a good move on their part when competing against Home Depot.

It's most likely denied unless it asked you to call in and you CAN NOT RECON SYNC DENIALS but you can recon the initial CL's which I think is what some people get confused when reading and thinking they are seeing denial recons.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was a verification issue. I was approved for an extremely low limit. Should I request an increase??
Message 8 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It was a verification issue. I was approved for an extremely low limit. Should I request an increase??

yes

866-519-6441

I went from $500 to $5000 (my first successful credit solutions recon)

I asked for $10k

Message 9 of 12
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Yeah recons are easy. I was approved for $1500 and got it moved to $12,000

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.