Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowering Interest with BOA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowering Interest with BOA?

Two years ago I opened a secure BOA CC and then after a year they made it unsecured with a $500.00 limit and still a 20%APR.

Recently I called (CR) and asked  if they could please lower my interest? (NOPE!!) not on this type of card they say,..OK so now the same card is (BOA rewards card) still same CL. I guess my question is if I  were to call the back door number do you think or possibly know if they could help lower my interest rate and maybe a CLI.

TU:686

EQ:677

No late payments or any of that:

$1200.00 Lowe's card 0 balance, $1000.00 Wallmart card >150.00 balance, BOA $500.00 >0 balance

And just this morning I call the Barclay's backdoor number I got from this site, after being denied I reconed for $1500.00 12m interest free (new IMAC Smiley Happy.  OHH  and  $14000.00 left on my Jeep..Smiley Indifferent

Anyways love the site Helped me out allot!! Thanks for any response! and don't WORK to hard guys...Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lowering Interest with BOA?

TO answer my own question, I just got off the phone with BOA number found here and it worked. Raised CL and lowered interest rate,It didn't work when I called BOA CR twice.

Message 2 of 6
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

Same here, my APR is 14%, it's a graduated secured platinum visa which was changed to a bankamerica cash rewards.  after the PC, the annual remained! argh!

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 3 of 6
android01
Valued Contributor

I recently had my BOA Power Rewards Visa interent rate reduced from 14.99% to 9.99%.  I called the number on the back of my card, and asked if I was eligible for an APR reduction and was told "Yes, Mr Android, I've lowered it to 9.99% effective on your next statement."  I wasn't expecting it, but I'm glad it happened! Smiley Happy

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 4 of 6
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

lucky you! you must have good credit! Smiley Happy

my Citibank since it defaulted last year due to a late payment still stands at 29.99! Smiley Sad twice the APR reduction was declined already via the system message website route.

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 5 of 6
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

My Cash Rewards card is hovering at 13.24 APR... called today for the hell of it to see if I was eligible for an APR reduction. After 10 minutes on hold... was told that I was not eligble for an APR reduction, BUT I was eligible to open a new Cash Rewards card by allocating some of my current credit line. I was like no thanks... why in the world would I want two of the same cards? I don't think the CSR even realized I already had the card... sigh, didn't hurt to call!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.