cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowering utilization via increasing credit lines...

tag
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Lowering utilization via increasing credit lines...

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
+100 Uncle B in regards to calling Credit Soultions. Many times people believe you need an excuse to try, ie, im going to go buy a big tv etc etc, but like you said, all you need is 5 minutes of your time. Just let them know you would like s credit limit increase and the rest as UB explained is that. Now sometimes, you may not be approved but others you may be countered but it is a good way to see where you stand.

Thank you UncleB and Joe...talked to DW last night... she already has 03 July scheduled as a day off from work, and her travel plans cancelled.  I'm going to see if I can get that day off as well, and she and I can sit on the phone with our mortgage provider and various credit card companies all day. 

(Trying to remove PMI from our mortgage, and TALK to various Sync account reps about CLIs...)

She's less than thrilled about the opportunity, but assured me that she'll get through it.  Smiley Happy

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 31 of 33
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@tcbofade wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
+100 Uncle B in regards to calling Credit Soultions. Many times people believe you need an excuse to try, ie, im going to go buy a big tv etc etc, but like you said, all you need is 5 minutes of your time. Just let them know you would like s credit limit increase and the rest as UB explained is that. Now sometimes, you may not be approved but others you may be countered but it is a good way to see where you stand.

Thank you UncleB and Joe...talked to DW last night... she already has 03 July scheduled as a day off from work, and her travel plans cancelled.  I'm going to see if I can get that day off as well, and she and I can sit on the phone with our mortgage provider and various credit card companies all day. 

(Trying to remove PMI from our mortgage, and TALK to various Sync account reps about CLIs...)

She's less than thrilled about the opportunity, but assured me that she'll get through it.  Smiley Happy

This is great news!  Reassure her that the CS call is indeed painless... I actually put it off for months as well (I prefer to handle things online).  I was actually surprised how painless (and fast!) the process was (other folks report a similar experience). Smiley Happy

I was very pleasantly surprised how direct (yet polite) the rep was both times... if you prefer 'small talk' you might try the US call center, but the foreign call center in my case was very efficient (but friendly at the same time).  FWIW there was no language issue, in any case the conversation is so short it wouldn't have been a problem anyway.

I'm pulling for you guys!  Smiley Wink

P.S.  Good luck with the PMI removal as well! 

Message 32 of 33
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Just had a thought... if you want another opinion on the Credit Solutions foreign call center (specifically), @JamP might chime-in... I recall him being a fan as well. Smiley Wink

I'm not meaning to short-change anybody else's opinion or feedback - I know there are many data points on this - it's just that I remember that @JamP specifically used the foreign number, while my memory isn't as certain on other members (I'm getting old.) grandpa.gif

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.