Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes Card

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Lowes Card

AP for the card when you have closed on the house, they will most likely give you a small limit, call credit solution or the number they give you to call with your approval and say you just bought a house and need to do some repairs and get some appliances, ask for more than you will need, tell them you don't want to max out the card the first month, some say $25k, they will either approve or counter.  Good luck. If you want more flexibility, do the same with Home Depot, they will do the same process, usually approve low, but will accept CLI requests before you even have the card in hand and usually grant them. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 11 of 14
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Thanks! Yeah no more apps till i close either this November or springish like July of 2015 Smiley Happy Hopefully the house(s) we see or find wont need too much but frankly i dont mind either i love having the ability to customize it.

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 12 of 14
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

The card is almost useless if you are a veteran as veterans recieve 10% off at Lowe's everyday

Message 13 of 14
physicist82
Regular Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:
Thanks for all the information everyone, maybe this will be the last store card i open. It sounds like it could come in handy. My question is to the last post im confused by asking for a limit. Like when you applied did you choose your limit? Or called credit solutions? So want to make sure, when your approved you can call right away for a higher limit dont need to wait for the card?

We applied through the cashier who ordered our appliances for us. We were getting a fridge, washer and dryer delivered. She had to take us to the front register to apply for the card as part of the transaction. She asked us how much we wanted to request and suggested $3k because that would be a little over our purchase total. We said how about we ask for $5k in case we have something else big. She entered that number in the register along with SS# address etc and we were instantly approved. It printed out a temporary credit card number just like a normal shopping receipt that had a little bar code on it in case we needed to make more purchases before we received our new card. 

We didn't call credit solutions and ask for a higher limit. I had read on here that we could ask for $10k or higher if we say we are making a lot of renovations but we didn't want to push our luck because $5k was already higher then any of our other cards. 

However, I have heard of people calling credit solutions right there in the store and recieving higher limits. 

Hope that helps.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.