Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes (GEMB) card

tag
guydiver
Established Contributor

Re: Lowes (GEMB) card

Lowe's has been VERY good to me, as well as my other GEMB cards from Sam's. I got my Lowe's card 12/08 with a 6K limit and a hard on TU with a FICO in the upper 600's, and my first CLI(LUV button) took me to 10 K a year later without a hard pull. Coming up on two years with the account next month, and my initial hard inquiry will fall off of TU, leaving me with zero inquiries on TU and EX.

I do use my card often, both for 6-12-18 month no interest deals which I pay before they expire, and I do carry a balance every month on the non-promo stuff. They were the first card I got to 10K, and Sam's Discover(GEMB) just auto CLI 'd me to 10K. My FICO's are sub 700 at this time(TU,EQ), no baddies in five years, and bad stuff falling off my reports frequently. I'm waiting on my FICO quarterly monitoring TU next month to see where my score is, then I'm going to hit Lowe's up for a CLI after next months statement on the 21st(2 year anniv.) and see what happens.  I have nothing but good to say about GEMB.  They started me out with a Sam's store card when my scores were sub 600 four years ago, then offered me the Discover on my 1 year anniversary. I took it, got a decent initial CL of arount $3000. and just got the 10K CL after 35 months history. I still have the initial store card which I continue to get 6 mo. CLI's on also.  I use my cards a lot, and have carried a balance for the last year or so. I usually make bi-weekly payments of well over the min. payment amount by 5X or 10X the amount due. YMMV.

Message 11 of 24
clocktick
Valued Contributor

You may have less baddies than I do or maybe they seem less major.  $1500 is way too small of an amount versus what I spend there annually.  I never carry a balance so perhaps they're more generous to people who make them money in that manner?  It's great they give you high credit limits and I wish I would've gotten an initial high limit.  I guess I'll have to wait and see.  Right now it is my lowest CL card out of them all.  I am glad they're good to at least some people!

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 24
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

Please post back when when you hit the luv button again Just curious if you get another increase over 10K.

GEMB has been very generous with my wifes Lowes card. Opened on 6/2008. CL started at 2K. Then went to 4K then 5K. In March of this year I hit the luv button it doubled to 10K.

Last month, about 7 months after the last increase, I hit it again and was denied. Same this month, denied. I quess 10K is the the highest they will go with me.

By the way. We spend a lot there. Never carry a balace except on major 0% promos. Always pay well before the promo ends. And never paid one cent in interest.
Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 13 of 24
guydiver
Established Contributor

Will do
Message 14 of 24
guydiver
Established Contributor

Maybe someone with a larger than 10K CL will chime in and enlighten us??

Message 15 of 24
guydiver
Established Contributor

Checked my TU report yesterday, and my Lowe's inquiry fell off this week. Now I have 0 inquiries on my TU, as well as EX.  My scores are still not where I need them to be,  TU Fico is now 678, but that's about where it has been for the past year. Still waiting for my Lowe's statement to drop, probably on Monday. I just hit them with several payments to get my util to 29%(I have two rather large 0% promos).  Waiting for those payments to post and credit to my account,  usually takes a few days before they clear my CU, then I'll take a shot at the Love Button. Not expecting anything though with 10K being the limit everyone has reported. Stay tuned......

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Lowes had a $1,100 limit four years ago when I opened it.  It dropped to $200 two years ago becase the CSR at Lowes said I hadn't used the card in a year.  They reinstated me to $1,100 and it hasn't moved up since.  I get a love button each time I log on but do not hit it because I don't need more credit from them.  Mostly I use Home Depot which is much more generous.

Message 17 of 24
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

I hit the luv button for the third consecutive month. Denied each time. This after the last increase in March (5K to 10K).

Got the letter the other day.

"We are unable to assign you the credit line you requested because it exceeds the amount of increase our policy allows".

"Your credit line as of the date of this letter is $10000.00".

So it sounds like that's it for us. I feel our income is the reason. Never carry a balance except for 0% promos. Never paid any interest. We're both retired with an annual income of 41K. Our scores are virtually the same. No debt at all. No mortgage. No rent. No car loans.

Her:

Equifax- 707

Trans  - 752

Me:

Equifax- 709

Trans  -  754

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 18 of 24
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@OnTheRebound wrote:

So it sounds like that's it for us. I feel our income is the reason. Never carry a balance except for 0% promos. Never paid any interest. We're both retired with an annual income of 41K. Our scores are virtually the same. No debt at all. No mortgage. No rent. No car loans.

Her:

Equifax- 707

Trans  - 752

Me:

Equifax- 709

Trans  -  754

Good for you folks!!!!! Life is a lot better without debt.Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 24
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I have never gotten a CLI with the LUV button.  I always had to call. 

Tried the button a couple weeks ago...zip.  Called them immediately to ask why....bada-bing...10k Smiley Wink

Call the # on the card. 

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.