Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's American Express

tag
Kris1228
Regular Contributor

Macy's American Express

Just curious if anyone has any information about how long it usually takes to hear something about going from the reg Macy's card to Amex. I put in my app on 11/7. Is it truly a full bill cycle before they tell you.

Thanks Smiley Happy
FICO's - 3/14/14 TU 795 4/17/14 EQ:805 3/7/14 EX: 801

Baddies all Gone
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macy's American Express

yes not only is it usually a full cycle to get an answer they often loose them and have no clue where the requests have gone... took me 3 months... I would call every couple weeks and make sure they are able to find the request in the system and tell you it's still processing or else you have to submit again... I really don't understand the process and why they loose them or need a month to do it!

Message 2 of 7
Kris1228
Regular Contributor

We're you approved? If so what was your score? Baddies etc

Thanks alot!!

Baddies all Gone
Message 3 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

its actually a joint account with my mom as primary... they have never pulled or looked at my credit even with CLI and open amex account... AND the account actually started as Macy's Visa 1k store and 2k Visa opening line... Charged 3k on store first day... took some work with credit because we charged about $1300 and then I wrote a check and paid the $1300 and then we tried to go back in for about $1900 and that of course was flags because it's new account and paid with a check but eventually they agreed to let the charge go through but would not increase CL above the 1k... it was paid in full a week later... so we actually went Elite in the first day!

okay fast forward over the year and store CL grew to $10,700 and Visa grew to 10k.  My business closed and the interest on Visa had recently increased from 16% to 24.50% (that was across board for everyone not because I missed payments or anything)

I asked Macy's for a hardship program for the Visa and they lowered it to 15% I think it was for 1 year and closed the visa but did not close or lower CL on store and didn't close my furniture line either and actually even bought over $5500 worth of furniture during this time and they opened the furniture line for $4600 with no pull.... about 3 months into hardship I was able to go in and pay off the visa.... then once it reported paid off went in and asked for it to be opened again... after the 3 months they sent new elite amex cards and the cl was now $500... obviously huge change from 12k but suprised they even did it actually... after 3 months I got it increased to 2k... my 6 months will be next month and I will be asking for another CLI.  orignal question... my moms scores are in mid 700's I belive and no baddies just a lot of inq and high util.

Message 4 of 7
Kris1228
Regular Contributor

Okay I see!!! I have had my Macy's store card 4 years in March 2012, no lates ever and credit has only gotten better. They confirmed I meet the spending requirement and they pulled my Experian Report Tuesday 11/8 so I will wait a few weeks and call them up if I dont receive anything in the mail by then

Baddies all Gone
Message 5 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you will probably here next week then if they pulled credit! that is half the battle of these applications getting lost.

Message 6 of 7
Kris1228
Regular Contributor

I hope so!!! Will post back once I hear something.

Baddies all Gone
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.