Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's CLI Online: Hard Pull?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's CLI Online: Hard Pull?

Macy's account page on Citi has a CLI button which asks for things like annual income, rent/mortgage, how much to increase the limit by etc. Does requesting CLI there end up with a hard pull? If I enter the information and press continue, will I be told if it will result in a hard pull or not?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
GettingBetter2015
Regular Contributor

Re: Macy's CLI Online: Hard Pull?

Mine did result in a HP back in January, it was worth it though because it went from 600 to 1500.
Slowly rebuilding, learning as I go, but that's the beauty of learning...You never have to stop!

Current FICO scores: EX: 664 TU: 650 EQ: 668

Message 2 of 15
ddemari
Super Contributor

it could go either way but for the past year I would expect a hard pull. When my Macys was at 2000 I asked for 3000 thinking it would probably fall under the 6 month CLI they gave me last time as a soft pull but they hard pulled TU. So I secure messaged them back asking for an additional 10k using the same pull as I had already taken one and they next day they granted it using the same pull. They used a TU fico 08 bankcard score. 

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never have used the online system to request a CLI.  I did read a few post where it didn't result in a HP online,  I did call in and spoke to a CSR, it did result in a HP and I went from 4K to 14K...I did ask for 15K, but I was thrilled with the "lower "amount , lol!  Also, they attempted to HP Equifax, but it was frozen, they ended up pulling Experian.  I have the Macys Amex card.  Just recently, Citi has sent a preapproval for their Double Cash Back card....I wonder???

Message 4 of 15
msbia
Established Contributor

AFAIK most online CLI requests now result in a HP with this new system. After the changeover I requested and received an increase to $19k. 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I won't be taking my chances then. I'm applying for a mortgage in less than a year and I'm 2 months away from having no inquiries in my reports. After the mortgage I might go ahead with a CLI request from BOA, Chase and Macy's all at once.

Message 6 of 15
ddemari
Super Contributor

You could always call customer service and ask them
If they can do a soft pull. But you never know with Macy's, and I wouldn't want to risk it before the mortgage on something you don't need.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I never have used the online system to request a CLI.  I did read a few post where it didn't result in a HP online,  I did call in and spoke to a CSR, it did result in a HP and I went from 4K to 14K...I did ask for 15K, but I was thrilled with the "lower "amount , lol!  Also, they attempted to HP Equifax, but it was frozen, they ended up pulling Experian.  I have the Macys Amex card.  Just recently, Citi has sent a preapproval for their Double Cash Back card....I wonder???

I got a prescreened letter for the DP card about 6 weeks after I got my Macys Am Ex. Took them 3 days to approve it. Then 6 weeks after that I too got a Double Cash letter in the mail. That one was approved instantly on line.

Since it's all Citibank I think the Macy's Am Ex opens some doors. I also think the Diamond Preferred uses a 3rd party bureau like Innovis. My DW has been declined twice the last time saying they  couldn't verify the spelling of her name, yet she was instantly approved for the American Airlines card and received a Home Depot preapproval in the mail right after she got Macy's Am Ex.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess I won't be taking my chances then. I'm applying for a mortgage in less than a year and I'm 2 months away from having no inquiries in my reports. After the mortgage I might go ahead with a CLI request from BOA, Chase and Macy's all at once.

I just got one about three weeks ago that was approved from an AR on Equifax that was in the system. I asked for another $3500 and they gave me $1400 and sent me the letter and Equifax score stating they couldn't do the full request due to score and old baddie. The one I got before that in September though was indeed a TU hp as they usually are now so I'm sure I got lucky this time but I went into it prepared for and expecting the HP. I definitely wouldn't risk it if I were you but wanted to throw out there for others that it's not always a hard pull.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's is hp for all cli's now. If you call in eq may be pulled (it was in my case). On line it's tu.

With the high limits most of us got last summer when they merged the major purchase account with the regular one, in my case a $6800 limit on the store side is enough. I don't want a hard pull. On the Am Ex side I'll do it. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.