Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's CLI advice

tag
CC516
New Visitor

Macy's CLI advice

Hello. I have a Macy's store card for a very long time with a $3,900 credit limit. I barely use the card...maybe once or twice per year.  I didn't realize one can request a CLI virtually every month. I was to afraid to do so since I didn't want a HP. 

Can someone give me any tips on how to request the CLI with a SP? Can I do it via online or web? Or is the preference to call? Is there a maximum amount I can ask without triggering a HP? Lastly, can I have my credit reports frozen or do I need to unfreeze then?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
unsungivy
Established Contributor

Re: Macy's CLI advice

@CC516 wrote:

Hello. I have a Macy's store card for a very long time with a $3,900 credit limit. I barely use the card...maybe once or twice per year.  I didn't realize one can request a CLI virtually every month. I was to afraid to do so since I didn't want a HP. 

Can someone give me any tips on how to request the CLI with a SP? Can I do it via online or web? Or is the preference to call? Is there a maximum amount I can ask without triggering a HP? Lastly, can I have my credit reports frozen or do I need to unfreeze then?

Thanks in advance!

You can do it all online. People refer to it as hitting the "love button".

I did it in gradually increasing amounts, starting at $500 and I think up to 10k? Not sure. But the frequency of them approving almost every month made that sort of a non-factor, I just got bolder. I only had one request not be approved near the end, and it was approved the next time.

At around 10k CL is when they converted it to an AmEx for me. I started at $300 CL.

No hard pulls.

Don't know about the frozen accounts.

Authorized User -
Biz - Sock Drawer'd -
Message 2 of 3
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Macy's CLI advice

You can request CLI's each month and they will be SP

You can do this on their website or mobile.

The MAX CL they will provide BEFORE asking you for documentation is $25,000.  After that, reviews are triggered and you'll be asked for things.  

Starting at $3900, I would likely ask to jump to $8000 (double current) and then settle into $5000 requests.  It's unlikely you will shoot up from $3900 to $25000 in a month or two so set your calendar, take your time and submit your requests each month

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.