Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's MAX CL...?

tag
Charmante
Frequent Contributor

Macy's MAX CL...?

I'm confused and irritated...

I recall people on who saying the Maximum Macy's Limit and I can't recall if it was $25k, $30k, or $35k...?

I'm at $22k right now... I want to max it out... I just asked for $13k to hit $35k and it said to call them... So I think I asked for too much...?

HOWEVER the Macy's representative said $75,000 is their maximum...?

I'm so confused!!!

8 REPLIES 8
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Macy's MAX CL...?

Keep in mind Macy's has a mix of customers that includes some fairly affluent ones. If they issue $75k CLs, it may be hard to get one without a high income, high Macy's spend, and a long and clean history.

I'm not sure what your profile looks like right now, but not so long ago you were asking about subprime fee harvester cards.

If you will continue to seek additional credit, I'd keep your expectations in check.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 9
Charmante
Frequent Contributor

If I recall, there is a threshold that requires paystubs after that threshold...

Do you recall that threshold?

Thank you. 😁

Message 3 of 9
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Charmante wrote:

I'm confused and irritated...

I recall people on who saying the Maximum Macy's Limit and I can't recall if it was $25k, $30k, or $35k...?

I'm at $22k right now... I want to max it out... I just asked for $13k to hit $35k and it said to call them... So I think I asked for too much...?

HOWEVER the Macy's representative said $75,000 is their maximum...?

I'm so confused!!!

How did you get to $22K on your Macy's card?  You said you were at $25K a couple of months ago.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/App-Spree-WHICH-to-App/m-p/6112704#M1739529

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 9
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

What is your goal, @Charmante ?  Are you trying to pad your overall credit limit to reduce your utilization percentage?  I can't think of any other reason why anyone would need a super-large credit limit on a Macy's card.  There's only so much stuff a person can buy at Macy's.

Full disclosure:  I had a Macy's card for about 20 years and finally closed it when I decided to close all my store cards.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 5 of 9
Charmante
Frequent Contributor

Cause I was at the same $22k. And I round it up to $25k when I'm not being specific. I've been at $22k for months now. About 3. Maybe even 4.

Maybe I need usage on it?

I've only used it once... For $168... 8 months ago...

I feel as though I'm asking for an amount past that threshold.

Message 6 of 9
Charmante
Frequent Contributor

Well @UpperNwGuy  I suppose that's a multifaceted answer.

For one, they were the only company to give me a chance at a bigger than $1,000 limit... And it made me grow fond of them... So I would like to ceiling out the card and keep it long term... If nothing else, to purchase Christmas gifts and colognes from...

Two, I've sort of gotten over my excitement of credit... So I doubt I'll be opening anything else anytime soon... So I'll just focus on babying what I have...

I finally hit over 700. I'm a 715 now... And I'm satisfied with what I have...

I have a $2,500 Discover now, the $22,000 Macy's, a $2,000 Firestone and a $4,500 Dell. Plus some cards I don't care for, my CapitalOnes and a small PenFed LOC (Overdraft)...

So I just want to baby and grow what I have.

Message 7 of 9
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

What is your goal, @Charmante ?  Are you trying to pad your overall credit limit to reduce your utilization percentage?  I can't think of any other reason why anyone would need a super-large credit limit on a Macy's card.  There's only so much stuff a person can buy at Macy's.

Full disclosure:  I had a Macy's card for about 20 years and finally closed it when I decided to close all my store cards.

Jewelry.

It has very high gross margins which means Macy's can withstand large credit losses and still make a profit.

Hence their willingness to extend huge credit lines.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 8 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Locked and under mod review
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.