Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magical Mystery USBank Tour

tag
tinglywoowoo
New Contributor

Magical Mystery USBank Tour

I have had USB's Kroger Card (VISA, now MC) and the Cash+ VISA for several years now. Kroger is a heavy hitter for me because I shop there often. The Cash+ is sock drawer except for my recurring entertainment purchases. Both have been at $1K, no change, ever. (Even my poor old cut-my-credit-teeth-on-it card, my Cap One secured, went from 500 to 750 eventually!) At one point, I decided I'd push the plunger and made a CLI request. So many hoops popped up, day after day, that I became hard pressed to prevent myself from calling them and telling them that my request must have been re-routed to their polyp location department. I gave up and didn't even bother to check subsequent responses. About a month ago, I got a "come hither" note for a CLI pre-approval on my Kroger card. I have no INQs on TU and few on the others and felt it could be okay... I must have gone to the link page a dozen times. Ultimately, I couldn't erase the vision of USBank Lucy and their CLI football versus me, good ol' Charlie Brown, out of my head. Resisting the temptation was a radical departure from my typical Pavlov's dogs on steroids response to such come-ons, but resist I did. So, today, I signed on the USB web site. You know how it is sometimes when you're a little bleary and you look at info on the net-- you glance quickly at the numbers but don't quite catch the drift of things at first? My automatic reaction was, "Holy cow! Why is there such a honkin' big balance on my Cash+ card? Wait! 'Available credit'?" Yeah, it's only $2K now but I'm still proud. I guess the moral of this long and boring saga is that, at least in my case, USBank takes a feline approach. They don't give a rat's hat when I'm doing deep knee bends and currying favor like a good minion but go all apathetic and it's laissez les bon temps rouler, cherie! What has been your experience with them? What about their other cards? I'm especially interested in travel cards but I'm also interested in hearing anything you guys feel is pertinent.

"We were just a band that made it very, very big-- that's all." --John Lennon
The degree of one's emotions varies inversely with one's knowledge of the facts: the less you know the hotter you get.
--Bertrand Russell
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: Magical Mystery USBank Tour

Congrats!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 2 of 10
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! But you kind of scared me lol. My USB Cash+ is at 1k....

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 3 of 10
NRB525
Super Contributor

Congrats on weaving so many disparate analogies into a CLI story. Smiley Happy
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 4 of 10
tinglywoowoo
New Contributor

Signpost up ahead: YMMV

And it’s a very good card, so there’s that. USB is just so weird. It shocked the grunt out of me when I was approved for the Kroger and I thought I was going to need the paddles when I got a second card.
The degree of one's emotions varies inversely with one's knowledge of the facts: the less you know the hotter you get.
--Bertrand Russell
Message 5 of 10
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Congrats

Just for info / stats :

I have received small to medium CL increases about every 12 to 18 months.

They are not an every month or 3 kind of bank.

First was an auto increase, all the rest from an email or USPS hard offer.

Three over five years.

Message 6 of 10
tinglywoowoo
New Contributor

Thanks! That helps. I expect to be kept on a slower track because it was a long road back. I am pretty darned grateful for any progress.

"We were just a band that made it very, very big-- that's all." --John Lennon
--Bertrand Russell
Message 7 of 10
xaximus
Valued Contributor

I'm on month 10 with USBank and hoping I'll get an auto-CLI. Seems like it's a hit-or-miss with them. It looks like it definitely takes some time to get CLI's though.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 8 of 10
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Sounds like you probably agitated US Bank enough by not taking their offered freebee that they had to shove it into your plastic for you. My guess is that there is more money where that came from. If a bank says we are preapproving a CLI it generally means you should look into picking it up unless they require a HP still then it is questionable.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 9 of 10
tinglywoowoo
New Contributor

Sounds like sage advice!
--Bertrand Russell
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.