cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marriott card points and Marriott Rewards membership points, can I double dip?

tag
adozark
Established Member

Marriott card points and Marriott Rewards membership points, can I double dip?

I hope I am not asking something that has been answered but I just couldn't find it...

What I want to know, is I see on Marriott Rewards website that if you sign up for their rewards program you can receive 10 points per dollar spent at their hotels (or partner hotels) and I've been looking at the Marriott Rewards Chase card which offers 5 points per dollar spent. 

Am I correct to say that with a Marriott Rewards membership and the Marriott Rewards Chase card I can earn a total of 15 points per dollar spent? 

That seems a little too good to be true, but I didn't see any details in the card offer prohibiting it. 

Starting Score: EQ: 657
Current Score: EQ: 740 3/05/14 TU: 721 2/08/14 EX FAKO: 763 3/05/14
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Barclay (Apple) $4k -- Chase Freedom $7k -- Chase Slate 4k -- GE Banana Republic $3k -- GE Care Credit $9k -- BCP $1k -- UFCU 6k
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Marriott card points and Marriott Rewards membership points, can I double dip?

@adozark wrote:

I hope I am not asking something that has been answered but I just couldn't find it...

What I want to know, is I see on Marriott Rewards website that if you sign up for their rewards program you can receive 10 points per dollar spent at their hotels (or partner hotels) and I've been looking at the Marriott Rewards Chase card which offers 5 points per dollar spent. 

Am I correct to say that with a Marriott Rewards membership and the Marriott Rewards Chase card I can earn a total of 15 points per dollar spent? 

That seems a little too good to be true, but I didn't see any details in the card offer prohibiting it. 

I sent you a PM with additional information to get you 10k more points if interested. I'm not sure where you are seeing 10 points per $1 spent. The premier card offers 5 points per dollar spent on marriott property.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 2 of 10
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Re: Marriott card points and Marriott Rewards membership points, can I double dip?

@red259 wrote:

@adozark wrote:

I sent you a PM with additional information to get you 10k more points if interested. I'm not sure where you are seeing 10 points per $1 spent. The premier card offers 5 points per dollar spent on marriott property.

It says it  on the website for the Marriott Rewards program.

Screen Shot 2014-03-09 at 12.24.41 AM.png

Message 3 of 10
WNA888
New Contributor

Can you kindly PM me the link also, red259. TIA

Barclaycard TU FICO Score : 826 [1/12/15]
Message 4 of 10
red259
Super Contributor

Oh, yea sorry I am a bit tired. The answer to your question is yes. The 5 points for every dollar spent is in addition to the points you would earn on the stay. At higher levels of loyalty you get even more points. Check your pm for more details. 

;
Message 5 of 10
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Technically you get more than that. The card also gets you silver status, which gets you another two points, for 17 total for each dollar spent at Marriott
Message 6 of 10
red259
Super Contributor

@msf12555 wrote:
Technically you get more than that. The card also gets you silver status, which gets you another two points, for 17 total for each dollar spent at Marriott

Do you get the 15 night credit upon approval as well? I thought you only got that on renewal. I have plat status, so never checked that. 

;
Message 7 of 10
mattmix36
Contributor

I just recently got this card and I recieved the 15 night credit to my Marriott account becore the card ever arrived in the mail!

My Wallet: AMEX Platinum | Citi AAdvantage Exec $20k | Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $12k | United MileagePlus Club 8k | FNBO $25k | Chase Military Officers Club $9k | Discover IT $5.5k | BankAmericard $30k | PENFED Platinum Cash Rewards $10.5k | Barclay Rewards $6.15k | USAA AMEX $15k | USAA MC $16k | NFCU Flagship Rewards $25k | Logix $15k | Chase Ink Cash $12k | Paypal MC $5k | Walmart Discover $5.4k | Chase Freedom $2k | Sallie Mae $2k | Target RedCard $300 | JP Morgan Ritz-Carlton Rewards $5k | BoA Alaska $1k

Message 8 of 10
red259
Super Contributor

@mattmix36 wrote:

I just recently got this card and I recieved the 15 night credit to my Marriott account becore the card ever arrived in the mail!

That's nice. You don't really get much with silver status, but every little bit helps. 

;
Message 9 of 10
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.