cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Capital One CLD Thread

tag
JamP
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Is Watching--Pair of CLDs...

I posted in the previous thread. 

The same thing happened to mine. Being my oldest card, I was surprised as we do use it quite often just not for thousand and thousands of dollars.

If they were watching swipe fees, I use/used it sometimes 3 or 4 times a day...

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 50 of 293
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLD - Any Luck Restoring Cap 1 CL?

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got my first CLD ever. Savor went from $27,500 to $10,000.

Not a big deal if it doesn't happen, but has anyone ever been able to call and restore a CL after a CLD with Cap One?

Now I know how the rest of you who had CLDs feel.

Sorry to hear about the CLD. Never fun, yeah.

It looks like your Savor was grandfathered? 6.9% APR? No AF? I wonder if that factors in to the CLD. 

I have a QS with $10k and 10.9% APR. Did not convert that to a Savor, as did not foresee the grandfathering. I use it regularly for $500 BT's and three-month paydown patterns.

I did apply for a Savor in 2019. Got the $500 SUB, $30k limit, nosebleed interest rate, and paid the $95 AF a few months ago as Year 2 begins. Light usage overall. I don't want to jinx myself, but with an AF version of Savor, I wonder if that will make a difference in the decisions.

A legacy CapOne card with 7% APR, $30k limit and no BT Fees is an enticing place to put some debt. CapOne may want to avoid that potential exposure. In my case, the nosebleed APR and AF makes it unlikely I will park a significant amount there. Plus I'm paying for the CL, in a sense with the AF. Pure speculation on my part, but with the mix of Savor cards out there, I think it may be worth surfacing this info to see what patterns may arise. A similar sort of distinction with the AMEX CLD on no-AF cards last year. The AF versions of those cards, I never heard of CLD until very recently.

I kind of do think it makes a difference. The card overall is a generous gift compared to other cards.

I talked to a CSR, can't remember what issuer and asked for an APR reduction. The CSR told me that I have a generous CL, good perks, etc. and implied that asking for a lower rate on top of all that was a bit much to ask, and told me that since I always PIF, it really wouldn't benefit me much and to leave it as is. 

So yes, maybe they needed to take something back. I pay no AF, low rate, etc., and I run up a lot of 4% category spend each month. Even though I PIF, I would give back the large CL and keep the low rate instead, just to have it in my back pocket. 

Message 51 of 293
Hex
Valued Contributor

Well I got my very first CLD.  Smiley Sad

Grandfathered Savor WEMC went from $15K down to $5K. It was my first high limit card. My $30K Venture is still intact. Grandfathered Savor remains a useful card to me. If they cut the Venture I'm going to cancel it because I have a Navy Flagship which I can easily get up to $30K. I'm bummed but Cap1 is the one who gave me a chance and jump started my rebuild so I don't hate them. I have $210 a week direct deposit with Capital one. I'm considering AA right back at them with that. 

Message 52 of 293
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm sorry to hear about your CLD. There was a thread yesterday with some posters saying their limit got decreased.

Yeah--didn't come across that thread until after I posted. Seems that the CLD's are being referred to by some as "haircuts". LOL

downloadfile.jpg

Capital One is coming for you!! Lol

Message 53 of 293
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Hex wrote:

Well I got my very first CLD.  Smiley Sad

Grandfathered Savor WEMC went from $15K down to $5K. It was my first high limit card. My $30K Venture is still intact. Grandfathered Savor remains a useful card to me. If they cut the Venture I'm going to cancel it because I have a Navy Flagship which I can easily get up to $30K. I'm bummed but Cap1 is the one who gave me a chance and jump started my rebuild so I don't hate them. I have $210 a week direct deposit with Capital one. I'm considering AA right back at them with that. 

If your current arrangement is working for you, there's no reason to cut your nose off to spite your face.  We're just a number to them; if any of us close our accounts (of any type) they genuinely don't care.

If you really want to "get them back," keep the account open and use it for 4% rewards every time you get the chance.  Keep your deposit account open and make them continue having to service it. Smiley Wink

Message 54 of 293
markhs777
Regular Contributor

I also got scapled. From  30k to 10k. Just paid my annual fee last week. Proceeded to call CS and politely  explained that I put thousands thruough the card over the years and to either refund the fee or the card will be lay dormat and to cancel upon renewal. The CSR refused to budge and then asked him his name again and ID and told him I would be e-mailing Richard Fairbanks and tell him I wasn't pleased. Well amazingly the CSR found the system now allows him to waive the fee.

Message 55 of 293
Hex
Valued Contributor

@UncleB 

Don't worry I won't close the Savor because it's 4% back with no annual fee. If they AA my Venture card I will probably close it because it's not a great card for me anyway since it has an annual fee and I'm not big into travel. I had considered closing the Venture before any of this happened. The Venture is my most used card because of it's high limit and needing a certain amount to report because of my BK scorecard (in order to keep my mortgage scores up). I don't use my high limit PenFed card for this because the limit is too high (over $35K) so I'm not sure it would work.  I have the $210 DD going into my Cap1 checking because I had an car loan with them. This money was used to pay the note but the car has been paid off for at least 2 years. I just never adjusted the DD after the car was paid off. I would use the money to pay my Cap1 credit cards but I can do that from other accounts. It doesn't matter to me at all where that $210 a week goes. I might be able to use that money to build a relationship with another lender. I only get 10 direct deposit slots from my employer and I use them all. It's always nice to free one up.  I would not close my Cap1 checking just stop the DD. 

Message 56 of 293
NRB525
Super Contributor

Only 10 direct deposit slots? 
We get 4 where I work.  
10 is a lot of bank accounts Smiley Happy

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 57 of 293
FieryDance
Frequent Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

Only 10 direct deposit slots? 
We get 4 where I work.  
10 is a lot of bank accounts Smiley Happy

And as an aspiring churner all I can think is all those bank account bonuses!  Smiley Very Happy

Serously though, sorry about all the CLD's.  I am awaiting mine.  

Message 58 of 293
Hex
Valued Contributor

I can set up my own direct deposits online which is why I think I'm allowed that many. 

Message 59 of 293
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.