Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mattress Firm

tag
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Mattress Firm

Does anyone know if a Mattress Firm Account is a CC or a retail installment contract? Thanks!

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mattress Firm

Message 2 of 5
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Thanks. Unfortunately I don't qualify for the best rate, so I'm not going to take a chance on their other offer to report as a retail installment contract and just pay cash. Just didn't want to splurge as King sized mattresses aren't cheap. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 3 of 5
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Other option is go thru progressive in store and take the 6 month option... it didn't report for me
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why pay cash when you can put it on a CC and then immediately pay it off, thus getting some sort of rewards?

I would think a mattress store CC would be sort of pointless for the average person that buys a mattress maybe once per decade.  I always recommend staying away from CFAs for any stores that offer them for financing.  My suggestion is to just take out a 0% CC to make the purchase on if need be.  Either way you're taking an inquiry and new account, but the account may as well be a revolver, not a CFA that can hurt your credit scores.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.