Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max Barclaycards?

tag
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Max Barclaycards?

I am thinking of financing a Macbook and would want to open an Apple Rewards account. I have two accounts with Barclays already. Is there a max number of accounts they would give you (like Capital One)?

Thanks!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Max Barclaycards?

I'm not sure if there's a max but at one point I had two SM's and one Aviator open so I think three is fine.
Message 2 of 12
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Never heard of a max. I have 3 as well, so you should be fine.
Message 3 of 12
ddemari
Super Contributor

there isnt a max that i know of with a hard limit. but they can definitely decline you if you have a few cards with them, no balances and they feel that you have enough credit and dont need another card. but if you are not a chronic apper, use their cards and so on, they approved me back in the day For SM, US Air, and Arrival all in 3 months and earlier that year I had opened Apple Visa. So 2014  Barclays gave me 4 cards, i closed one and moved the limit over to another. Now I have 3 cards and wont dare poke them for anytthing else. 

Message 4 of 12
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I have 4 open right now with 2 others that are closed
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

What did you decide to do OP? Please let us know.
Message 6 of 12
Mellon
Established Contributor

i have 3- AAdvantage, Rewards, and Apple

Message 7 of 12
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:
What did you decide to do OP? Please let us know.

I decided to hold off on apping with them especially since I was just approved for a couple of other cards. I know Barclays doesn't like too many inquiries.

If I do decide to buy the computer, I have an Amazon card with a high enough limit and they usually do 12 month financing. I may just go with that. The Barclays card does give you six more months but that's whatever.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@injustifiiable wrote:

...Is there a max number of accounts they would give you (like Capital One)?

Thanks!

I contacted Capital One via online chat about 3 weeks ago and the agent said that there isn't a limit to how many accounts that can be opened with them. I had asked since I have a Quicksilver and Quicksilver One account with them.

Message 9 of 12
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

^I would take what the rep said with a grain of salt. Reps aren't always the most knowledgeable.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.