Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merchant refund with Citi after a PC

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Merchant refund with Citi after a PC

A month ago I PCed my Prestige ending -1234 to a Double Cash ending -5678.

I shipped a purchase I made on -1234 back to the merchant, and the merchant website says they have refunded the appropriate amount to -1234. The Citi website does not show any refund on either -1234 or -5678.

Should I expect the refund to appear refund on -5678? A paper check? It's been about a week since the merchant said it had processed the return.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Re: Merchant refund with Citi after a PC

My fiancé booked a hotel on hotels.com on her Premier and ended up finding a better price for a couple day stay on Expedia.

It took citi 6 business days to process the refund where it showed up online. That’s without any kind of product change.

I would imagine it could take a bit longer if you did a product change. I’m sure they keep track of old account numbers in case you PC, loose your card, fraud etc......

Give it another couple business days and then call.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 2 of 4
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Shadowfactor wrote:
My fiancé booked a hotel on hotels.com on her Premier and ended up finding a better price for a couple day stay on Expedia.

It took citi 6 business days to process the refund where it showed up online. That’s without any kind of product change.

I would imagine it could take a bit longer if you did a product change. I’m sure they keep track of old account numbers in case you PC, loose your card, fraud etc......

Give it another couple business days and then call.

I still can view the Prestige recent history and statements online. I can even view the history from my AA Platinum card I PCed to Costco in 2017.

After I requested the Prestige/DC PC, I would spend on Prestige and the charges would post, then a few days later receive an offset credit and be moved to my DC balance. It could certainly take a while, however Citi ends up issuing me a credit.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

The refund should be processed under your former Prestige CC which will then post to your Double Cash.

Refunds can take up to a few weeks once everything has been settled and batched on the merchant's end which would eventually make it to your Double Cash account.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.