Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick Bank approval

tag
janesmith1979
Valued Member

Merrick Bank approval

Anyone been approved for a Merrick Bank Visa lately? I got a pre-approval letter last month for a $1000 credit line, no annual fee, no account set-up fees, so I finally decided to apply last night….and was approved! With the following message:

“Congratulations! You have been approved for a Merrick Bank Credit Card, subject to verification of the information provided in your application. If we need any additional information, we will notify you within the next two weeks. Once the verification process has been satisfied, you will be issued your new card(s). Please allow an additional two weeks for delivery.”

So now I’m just wondering:

1. What info do they verify, and how? Just curious, not that anything on my app is not truthful.

2. Did you receive the CL stated on the pre-approval letter, or was it something different? I read the fine print and didn’t see any disclaimer about a potential lower CL.

Oh, I was also approved for a Kohl’s card earlier yesterday. $300 CL only, but it still felt great! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO: 694 (Oct. 2010); TU FICO: 707 (Oct. 2010)

New car loan and inqs. (Nov. 2010)

Denied for CitiBank CC (Dec. 2010)

Denied for CapitalOne CC (Jan. 2011)

EQ FICO: 673 (Apr. 2011); TU FICO: 688 (Apr. 2011)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Merrick Bank approval

Congrats on your new card!

In my estimation, it appears to be identity verification.  I had to provide id verification to my last card approval.

Message 2 of 3
janesmith1979
Valued Member

Re: Merrick Bank approval

@Open123 wrote:

Congrats on your new card!

In my estimation, it appears to be identity verification.  I had to provide id verification to my last card approval.

Thanks! Smiley Happy It feels great to get some approvals instead of seeing denied, denied, denied.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.