Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini App Spree

tag
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Re: Mini App Spree

Not for the lack of trying...I have applied 3 times for the CSP and they always deny me because of the forclosure in 2008

*8/10/13
Message 11 of 41
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@dodfire wrote:

Sorry Lexie I know I was suppose to stop but now I am done...I promise!!!!!

So over the past couple of days here is what I have done.

Citi Prestige

Citi Thank You Premier Signature

Amex Platinum

Visa Black Card

Yes I know that is over $1500 a year in AF but the companion tickets on the Prestige and Platinum will pay for that as I and my family are doing a lot of international travel.

Nice! Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 41
myjourney
Super Contributor

@dodfire wrote:

Citi Prestige

Amex Platinum

Visa Black Card

Yes I know that is over $1500 a year in AF but the companion tickets on the Prestige and Platinum will pay for that as I and my family are doing a lot of international travel.

Congrats nice line up dodfire

ERT Hiring (2)

Requirements ...both must cover 1 timezone 24/7 

Must monitor 1 repeat professional escapee very elusive almost slippery Lol

must be able to cuff,duct tape,chain,tie to garden tree experience using cattle prod pref. ...LMAO

Need to fill position A.S.A.P.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 41
HiLine
Blogger

Congratulations on the success! Smiley LOL

Out of curiosity though, since I don't know many other people to whom this question can be addressed: What do you find useful about the Visa Black card beyond the benefits that the Amex Platinum offers?

Message 14 of 41
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@dodfire wrote:

Citi Prestige

Amex Platinum

Visa Black Card

ERT Hiring (2)

must be able to cuff,duct tape,chain,tie to garden tree experience using cattle prod pref. ...LMAO

Too Funny!!!! haha seriously tho..Im done!!! 

*8/10/13
Message 15 of 41
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

Out of curiosity though, since I don't know many other people to whom this question can be addressed: What do you find useful about the Visa Black card beyond the benefits that the Amex Platinum offers?

Thanks!!!! Smiley Happy

As I said before, as far as the benefits, rewards, perks, etc. I still think that the Amex Platinum is the better card up against the Visa Black.

I wanted the Black Card more for a personal gratification. Because it was my number one goal card back when it came out. Knowing I could never and will never get something of an exclusive card such as the Centurion or Palladium. I made the Visa Black my GOAL card. 

I know many people dont like it, and there are those even on this forum that say "anyone" can get the card. Well good for them. I did what I did for ME and not anyone else.

So in closing...if you compare the two cards I still say stick with the Platinum. Smiley Happy

*8/10/13
Message 16 of 41
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@myjourney

Definitely need to hire 2 more ERTs! This one wore me out!
Message 17 of 41
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@myjourney

Definitely need to hire 2 more ERTs! This one wore me out!

MyJourney & Lexie I will not cause any more trouble!! But seriously you are going to have to work out a rotation of sleep schedules so someone can keep me company during "MY" daytime hours so I do not get bored and do something stupid!!!! LOL 

*8/10/13
Message 18 of 41
myjourney
Super Contributor

@dodfire wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@dodfire wrote:

Citi Prestige

Amex Platinum

Visa Black Card

ERT Hiring (2)

Too Funny!!!! haha seriously tho..Im done!!! 

Right sure you are ...been there...done that....heard that before .....you're good Lol

Big congrats again 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 19 of 41
HiLine
Blogger

@dodfire wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

Thanks!!!! Smiley Happy

As I said before, as far as the benefits, rewards, perks, etc. I still think that the Amex Platinum is the better card up against the Visa Black.

I wanted the Black Card more for a personal gratification. Because it was my number one goal card back when it came out. Knowing I could never and will never get something of an exclusive card such as the Centurion or Palladium. I made the Visa Black my GOAL card. 

I know many people dont like it, and there are those even on this forum that say "anyone" can get the card. Well good for them. I did what I did for ME and not anyone else.

So in closing...if you compare the two cards I still say stick with the Platinum. Smiley Happy

Thanks for the perspective! Will keep that in mind when I have a need for a premium card in the future which hopefully won't be too far. Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.