Did you mean: 

Moving CL from Rewards to Sallie Mae??

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Moving CL from Rewards to Sallie Mae??

Hi!

Ive had the Barclays Rewards MC for a year now, and limit is $4530 (weird I know). Anyway, a few weeks ago I got approved for SM $1200.

When should I attempt to ask to move the CL from rewards to my SM? I kinda feel like I should wait a year for some reason, probally because Im praying right now for no AA from them, LOL..I had a huge app spree with like 8 new cards this month. Probally should lay low and just use my cards like normal and PIF  for 6 months just to make sure???

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Moving CL from Rewards to Sallie Mae??

@pizza1 wrote:

Hi!

Ive had the Barclays Rewards MC for a year now, and limit is $4530 (weird I know). Anyway, a few weeks ago I got approved for SM $1200.

When should I attempt to ask to move the CL from rewards to my SM? I kinda feel like I should wait a year for some reason, probally because Im praying right now for no AA from them, LOL..I had a huge app spree with like 8 new cards this month. Probally should lay low and just use my cards like normal and PIF  for 6 months just to make sure???

Just move the CL and close the old line. You'll be fine.

Message 2 of 15
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Nixon...I like your way of thinking...sometimes, LOL...Whats makes you so sure "ill be fine"....Yes, Ive read the horror stories of Barclays AA, and Ive gotten several new accounts (which they hate)...and all within a few weeks time. A cardinal NO NO for them, LOL...I used my SM at Sams today with no issues, and my rewards it at a $0 bal. Just paid it off a few days ago.
Message 3 of 15
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Do the rewards points transfer over, or do I need to redeem them first?
Message 4 of 15
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I waited about 6 weeks. I was nervous about Barclay being temperamental, but it was overblown. Took 10 mins. Easy squeezy

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 5 of 15
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks Woody! Maybe Ill wait the same too...
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
Nixon...I like your way of thinking...sometimes, LOL...Whats makes you so sure "ill be fine"....Yes, Ive read the horror stories of Barclays AA, and Ive gotten several new accounts (which they hate)...and all within a few weeks time. A cardinal NO NO for them, LOL...I used my SM at Sams today with no issues, and my rewards it at a $0 bal. Just paid it off a few days ago.

If they're going to freak out, they're going to freak out once your new accounts hit your reports which makes it useless to be waiting to do this.

In addition, IF they were going to freak out, they'd do it on both your lines. What looks better? 1 account closed by grantor, or 2? Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 15
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Nixon's right just do it. You will need to cash in the rewards first though.

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 8 of 15
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Moving CLs around was no issue for me. Upon approval of the US Airways card I did even involve all 3 of my Barclaycards and shifted CLs around. This included CLIs on older cards that I then immediately transferred over to the US Airways card.  Initial CL of 2,5K became 9,5K with only loosing 2K on Sallie Mae compared to the old limits. Barclays did not blink at my "operation" and so far no AA.

Message 9 of 15
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

well, what Im hoping and praying is that they just watch me really really closely the next several months....watching my reported util ( which Ill make sure will be 1% like every month). They might mot like 8 new accounts reporting and all of them opened this month, but if my util stays the same, and my spend/payment habits stay the same with them....Im hoping they just say ok...we will let her slide THIS TIME, lol!!!!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.