Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple BofA Better Balance Rewards?

tag
gh17
Frequent Contributor

Multiple BofA Better Balance Rewards?

Not going to do this, but do you think they'd let you open multiple Better Balance Rewards cards?  $25 a quarter for nothing isn't bad..

BofA Cash Rewards 25,000 (2009) | Citi Double Cash 25,000 (2011) | Cap1 Quicksilver 10,000 (2013) | Discover It 31,000 (2014) | Chase Freedom 9000 (2014) | Barclaycard Rewards 25,000 (2014)

FICO: 840 Discover/Barclays/BofA TU, 869 Citi Equifax
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Re: Multiple BofA Better Balance Rewards?

No..They won't. Unless if you have multiple SSNs.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 2 of 17
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Not at all true. I know this for a fact. I have two of them. I don't know if I'll get the bonus on both, but we shall see. Smiley Wink

I PC'd one of them from Cash Rewards to it.
Message 3 of 17
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:
Not at all true. I know this for a fact. I have two of them. I don't know if I'll get the bonus on both, but we shall see. Smiley Wink

Well, unless if you PC another BOA card, i guess. I do know that they won't just approve you for 2 balance transfer rewards cards lol.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 4 of 17
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

Well, unless if you PC another BOA card, i guess. I do know that they won't just approve you for 2 balance transfer rewards cards lol.

Maybe so! Smiley Happy I was shocked to see it changed on my login.. I was like oh wow they did actually go through with the PC and not just delete it like I thought they had. 

I find myself not utilizing BoA cards at all so it's nice to have them both be the BBR card. I hope I'm getting the bonus on two of them as it would be nice to have a free phone bill every now and then.. haha!

Message 5 of 17
sexy_kitten7
Regular Contributor

I have 3. Yes, you get double/triple bonuses.

One of mine was a new app (MC when I only held a Visa), but BoA is very duplicate (read: churning) friendly. The 3rd BBR was a PC.

A great strategy I learned on here is to app for a BoA rewards card and then downgrade to the no fee BBR once it becomes obsolete. It's much more efficient than simply SDing!

Quicksilver MC / Amazon.com / Better Balance Rewards Visa / Freedom / Dividend / Quicksilver Visa / Cash+ / Thank You Preferred / Blue Cash Everyday / Better Balance Rewards MC / BankAmericard HRC Cash Rewards / It / Arrival / FlexPerks / Platinum AAdvantage / MileagePlus Explorer / LifeMiles
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

i guess ill get my reward if i pay $1 Smiley Very Happy and charge $1 before it closes Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 17
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

i guess ill get my reward if i pay $1 Smiley Very Happy and charge $1 before it closes Smiley Wink

Yep. Smiley Happy I charge 5-10 each month and pay it down to 1 let the statement close and then pay the 1 buck..rinse and repeat.

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KennyRS wrote:

Yep. Smiley Happy I charge 5-10 each month and pay it down to 1 let the statement close and then pay the 1 buck..rinse and repeat.

Why do you pay it down to $1?  I understand the implications of going under "1," but that's another topic.  What's the difference between letting it report a balance of $5 or $10 or $1?  Am I missing something?

Message 9 of 17
sexy_kitten7
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

Why do you pay it down to $1?  I understand the implications of going under "1," but that's another topic.  What's the difference between letting it report a balance of $5 or $10 or $1?  Am I missing something?

I'm also unclear on why OP is doing that. Maybe so it will report as 1% (as opposed to 2%??).

In related news, someone reported that BoA never forgives small balances (i.e. 50 cents). This is a good thing, since this rewards program requires a balance to be due.

Quicksilver MC / Amazon.com / Better Balance Rewards Visa / Freedom / Dividend / Quicksilver Visa / Cash+ / Thank You Preferred / Blue Cash Everyday / Better Balance Rewards MC / BankAmericard HRC Cash Rewards / It / Arrival / FlexPerks / Platinum AAdvantage / MileagePlus Explorer / LifeMiles
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.