Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple PNC Cards?

tag
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Re: Multiple PNC Cards?

Flash3,

PNC is an extremely conservative bank. If you want to get a credit card with them, you have to have an active account for 6 months. I'd get a Virtual Wallet account and set up a direct deposit too. PNC likes relationship banking and actively uitilized accounts.If you have a collection or past due payment that isn't at least two years old, don't bother applying for a card, because you will be declined.  Also be aware if your application for a card or loan is declined, you have to do the recon in a branch.

I have banked with PNC for ten years since my bankruptcy. They have been good with me.

Guyattebeach

Message 11 of 14
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@flash3 wrote:

@ChargedUp 

Do I have to wait 6 months if I open a PNC checking account? 

Is it possible to apply before 6 months or is that a written policy somewhere?

Thanks for the help!

The 6 month timeline was divulged by a CSR according to one of the threads around here. I suppose you could try, but you may end up with a useless HP likely on EX. I *can* attest that after 6 months I was able to get a PNC card out of their footprint though.

Message 12 of 14
moto4man
Regular Contributor

@FormerCollegeDJ wrote:

@flash3 wrote:

I also looked at applying for PNC card but it seems like they don't accept applications from New York state?

Did anyone else have this problem or did I just encounter a user error or some sort. 

I've never heard of a national bank excluding some of the states.

PNC is probably the most conservative of the large "national" banks that have a presence in most of the U.S. in terms of issuing cards.  They will only accept applications from states where they have branch locations.  Based on what the poster ChargedUp said above, it sounds like they may be picky even if you live in a state but live in the "wrong" part of the state, i.e. far away from where the limited number of branches in the state are located.

I can see this...  If you've ever been to NYC/NJ then you'd completely understand.  From anywhere outside the city,  It only takes about 2 hours drive time, $30 in tolls, $25 for parking, plus the deductible on your damaged vehicle repairs.  Unless it falls under comprehensive. Smiley Mad

Starting Score: 547EX
Current Score: 694EX 689EQ 696TU
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 14
flash3
Established Member

How long do you think PNC will offer the $200 bonus for the 4% gas card?

I heard the promotion might end at the end of March or end of April?

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.