Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Blue App Status

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Blue App Status

concorduser wrote:

She also said they have an internal system to check and they did not pull my CR. That is good to hear as I dont have to take a hit for this. Not bad overall. I guess we learn some thing every day.

That's good to know. 
Message 11 of 17
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Thanks Sylvia. I'll wait few months and app for it. There is no pressing need for me any. I am glad it did not cost me a hard inq, that made me more happy.
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey concor, did you ever post up pics of the package your plat amex came in?
Message 13 of 17
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi Marvin, I tend to agree with you. Again these CSR's at Amex does not seem to understand what is happening either. Any way, I am not in a hurry, I'll wait few months and app for the blue biz card. I am glad this app did not cost me hard inq.
Message 14 of 17
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Does this always hold true? Once you are in with Amex are you allowed to apply for other products with no hard inquiry?
Here we go again...
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

FretlessMayhem wrote:
Does this always hold true? Once you are in with Amex are you allowed to apply for other products with no hard inquiry?

No, it doesn't hold true.  Any time you apply for new credit, count on a hard inquiry, regardless of whether you have an existing relationship with the lender, including Amex.

If you escape with only a soft, count yourself lucky.

Message 16 of 17
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

As cheddar said, it is safe to assume there would be a hard inq even if you are a card member. When I apped for Platinum there was one hard. When I apped for Plum there was one hard. However for JetBlue Biz card there was no inq. I think I was lucky in that regard.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.