Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLI Questions

tag
EDGE1230
Contributor

NFCU CLI Questions

I know there is a thread for this but i had some specific questions.   I requested a CLI today on my go rewards card .    I have had the card since dec 20th , 2015 no increased.   I saw there was an AR completed 8/26/2016  So i pulled the trigger.   I got the 24 hour decision notice.  I am assuming this is now going to be a hard pull and a denial ?   Anyone have experience with this ?   I tried calling in and they told me credit was pulled but couldnt say wether it was a hard pull and the request is under review..

MY FICO: EQ: 646/ TU 675/ EXP 665.

Cap 1 qs1 ( 3k) - Chase Southwest Premiere( 5k) - Chase Marriott (5k) - -AMEX DELTA (2k) - Barclays Rewards ( 2500) - Credit One ( 1000) - BOA cash rewards ( 1k) - BOA Travel Rewards (1K) Synchrony dicks ( 3500) - HSN ( 1750) Buckle (2550), lowes (6k), NFCU (1900),
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU CLI Questions

How have you been using the card? was there a balance when you requested?  any negatives on your report?

Message 2 of 5
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@EDGE1230 wrote:

I know there is a thread for this but i had some specific questions.   I requested a CLI today on my go rewards card .    I have had the card since dec 20th , 2015 no increased.   I saw there was an AR completed 8/26/2016  So i pulled the trigger.   I got the 24 hour decision notice.  I am assuming this is now going to be a hard pull and a denial ?   Anyone have experience with this ?   I tried calling in and they told me credit was pulled but couldnt say wether it was a hard pull and the request is under review..

I opened my NFCU Platinum MasterCard back in November, and like you I had never asked for a CLI.  After the latest AR I pulled the trigger, and was also greeted with the 24 hour decision message.

In my case I tried (and got the message) late on a Sunday, and it was Tuesday before I logged on and found they had increased my CL to $20k (from $15.3k).  I think most people usually hear something the next day, but in my case it did take two. 

Also, I used the 'maximum' button instead of specifying an amount; I'm not sure if this made a difference or not.  Just a week or so ago I got a letter from them saying that while they were unable to approve my CLI as requested, they had increased my limit to $20k (this made no sense being that I used the 'max' button).  The back of the letter also listed my credit score on their own system... I was 723 out of a possible 818 (the lowest is 334).  They gave a laundry list of reasons as well; number of inquiries, number of accounts with balances, length of time accounts have been established, etc... none of which are technically wrong, although my overall utilization is around 4%.

Hang in there... if your scores support it, you still have a good chance of getting your CLI!  Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 5
EDGE1230
Contributor

Hey guys just an update i logged in and saw a 1k increase in my limit today.   Still no hard pull reported in my monitoring so crossing my fingers it was a soft pull from AR.  Now i wonder if i should recon for a larger amt ?   

Cap 1 qs1 ( 3k) - Chase Southwest Premiere( 5k) - Chase Marriott (5k) - -AMEX DELTA (2k) - Barclays Rewards ( 2500) - Credit One ( 1000) - BOA cash rewards ( 1k) - BOA Travel Rewards (1K) Synchrony dicks ( 3500) - HSN ( 1750) Buckle (2550), lowes (6k), NFCU (1900),
Message 4 of 5
EDGE1230
Contributor

No negatives on the report Heavy usage with multiple payments a month .  I do tend to carry a balance.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.