Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Card Fraud Alerts??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Card Fraud Alerts??

So I have had the NFCU Cashrewards since May 2020. I put a decent amount of spend thru it. This month however I attempted 2 online purchases that were denied. One for $95 and one for $149. The frst one I sucessfully entered again and it went thru. The 2nd one a week later, I received a text and an automated call with a robo lady basically summarizing all of the charges they denied. I gave up on the NFCU card and used a different card. 

Is the SOP for NFCU? It is kind of a PITA

Anyone?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU Card Fraud Alerts??

Have you tried calling or messaging, so they can possibly pinpoint why it's flagging.

I only remember one issue on one of my cards. Long ago, and none since.

Message 2 of 5
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

I've never encountered this with NFCU. I believe you're the first I've seen mention this about NFCU since I've been a member here(11 months).

I would give them a ring and see what you can find out.

Good luck

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 3 of 5
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

I've spent 6k or so within the past month or 2  that's outside of my norm and I haven't had one issue....yet.

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 4 of 5
cem13
Established Contributor

I had a similar experience.  NFCU denied EVERYONE of my online purchases to China (Ali-Express and Alibaba).  It is frustrating but I called a  CSR.  NFCU sent me a text to "pre-authorize" the next transaction and it still was denied.  I now us Citi DC and I have no issues.

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.