Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Datapoint

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Datapoint

Just learned something new today with NFCU - if you are even one day past due, they push your card to 99% usage and the card has $0 available credit ! My auto lau didn't go through and my card is temporary off until my payment processes overnight tomorrow night ! I've never heard of this before, alt though I do think I recall seeing posts about them and USAA doing this before.

anyone else ever seen this ? Regardless, the payment is made now at ONE day past due lol so should be good tomorrow ! Just an interesting data point !

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Datapoint

Thanks for sharing!

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never heard of this being a thing and it surprises me that NFCU would do that. 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if it's new - but the rep stated "it pushes the card to 99% Util" and from there are 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's just crazy to me. I would think if this was policy it would be more widely known because I know people pay their NFCU cards late, I have seen a few posts about how they won't do goodwill adjustments over it. 

Message 5 of 10
minski
Established Contributor

SDFCU did that to me. Because of lack of auto pay from external accounts, I was late early on and they shut down my card until I paid. So it sounds a bit common with credit unions - at least until they get used to you being mostly on time. I have been late a time or two since. I don't remember if they shut down my card each time because it hasn't inconvenienced me but they seem to have forgiven me somewhat since they gave me an auto CLI at some point. 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mean 1 day past your Due date or 1 day past the 30 days?   So if your payment due date is June 1 & you pay June 2 they do what they did to you or if your payment is due June 1 and you don't pay until July1?   

@Anonymous wrote:

Just learned something new today with NFCU - if you are even one day past due, they push your card to 99% usage and the card has $0 available credit ! My auto lau didn't go through and my card is temporary off until my payment processes overnight tomorrow night ! I've never heard of this before, alt though I do think I recall seeing posts about them and USAA doing this before.

anyone else ever seen this ? Regardless, the payment is made now at ONE day past due lol so should be good tomorrow ! Just an interesting data point !

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

One day past the DUE DATE ! Sorry I wasn't clear there :-)

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that sucks!    I've never been late for my CC so now I will really make sure I'm not.  

@Anonymous wrote:

One day past the DUE DATE ! Sorry I wasn't clear there :-)

Message 9 of 10
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

Well it sounds kinda odd coming from NFCU. How long have you been a member and how long have you had their card?

Funny thing is I put heavy usage on my account with heavy payment if not pif. I do have a 0% purchase rate on my more rewards card and still pay big payments. And something I've never noticed was when you push big payments the next month statement states I have 0 minimum payment due. 

Their explanation is that anything over the minimum payment if it equals the next months minimum payment they extend it to it. But there will be a payment due the following month. 

Well I don't do that cause I put so much $$$$ through it I'd rather just pay it down. Good luck with your issue. 

NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 13,000 | Discover 19,500 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=764 | EX=775 | TU=757scores and CL current as of 04/04/24 AAoA years 24 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.